Ok, here are some of my best tips!! :-)
1. Stay full!!! Don’t get ever too hungry. Especially in the beginning of your raw journey!
2. Don’t ever get too tired or too stressed!! Being tired and stressed makes it VERY difficult to maintain your positive, healthy new lifestyle.
3. Whatever you do, don’t indulge this cooked food fantasies!!! As soon as a craving pops into your head, immediatley STOP it and start thinking about something else!! The longer you think about that food and start imaging how good it will taste, smell, feel in your mouth, feel in your tummy, make you feel afterward, etc… the harder it will be to not give into it!!!
All that indulgent fantasizing will get your digestive juices flowing in your mouth and in your stomach and that alone will make it EXTREMELY hard to not give in. PLUS when we fantasize about our old favorite cooked comfort foods we are just strengthening the neural networks in our brain that associate that food with comfort and happiness and enjoyment when we really need to be working hard on making new, positive mental associations with raw comfort foods!! -)
4. Find at least five (preferably ten) raw recipes or foods that you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LOVE and crave and immediately fix or eat one of those when you are having a bad craving. ALWAYS have the ingredients on hand for these recipes!!! THIS STEP IS CRUCIAL!!
5. ALWAYS HAVE MORE FOOD WITH YOU ON ANY EATING OR SOCIAL OCCASION THAN YOU THINK YOU COULD EVERY POSSIBLY, HUMANLY NEED! :-) THIS IS ALSO CRUCIAL!! You must stay satisfied!
6. Going raw is about beautiful bounty and abundance!!! Not denial!!! It is very important to make this connection now!
I hope these help!!!