Need recipes for spicing sprouted dehydrated nuts

I am sprouting my first batch of nuts with the intention of dehydrating them. I have’t been able to find any recipes to spice them before dehydration except sugary SAD recipes, Any suggstions? Thanks.

Comments

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I haven’t tried these yet but here are a couple recipes from the Lifefood Recipe Book.

Sweet Teriyaki Almonds: 8C almonds, 2C Cragg’s, 1/2C maple syrup, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 jalapeno pepper.

Hot & Spicy Pumpkin Seeds: 3C pumpkin seeds, 1T garlic powder (I suppose you could use a clove instead), 1/2t cayenne powder, dash of Bragg’s.

• Is this what you were looking for? I found it on www.rawfoodtalk.com posted by Michelle, from SAD to RAW. It is under hot and spicy nut mix.

Party Nut Mix

Serves 10 or more

2 cups dehydrated almonds (measure after soaking and drying)

1 cup dehydrated pecans (measure after soaking and drying)

1 cup dehydrated walnuts (measure after soaking and drying)

1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper

1 tsp. Celery seed

1 tsp. garlic powder

1 tsp. Chili powder

1 tsp. Onion powder

2 Tbs. wheat free tamari or Nama Shoyu soy sauce or 3/4 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt

1 Tbs. olive oil

3 Tbs. Rapadura, honey or agave nectar

Mix everything together in a bowl and spread onto a dehydrator tray (no need for Teflex sheets). Dehydrate 2-3 hours, then remove Teflex sheet, and dry another hour or 2 until dry. If you do not dry the nuts ahead of time, you will need to dry the mixture for at least 36 hours so that the almonds are completely dry. Store cooled nuts at room temperature in a sealed glass jar for 1 month, or refrigerate for up to 1 year.

Gift ideas: Put in clear or printed cellophane bags from a party store and tie with a beautiful ribbon. Make a label on your computer with the ingredients and an explanation of why raw nuts are better than cooked (easier to digest and more usable by the body, i.e. less fattening).

Dehydrated Nuts:

Soak almonds 12 hours. Rinse well and drain. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 24-36 hours or until crispy. Soak walnuts and pecans for up to 24 hours. Rinse well every 8 hours. Dehydrate 12 + hours until dry. Tip: soak and dehydrate extra nuts for future use. Store cooled nuts in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Want some ideas for seasoning blends for your soaked nuts? You can use some of these combinations to marinate them before putting them in the dehydrator to make them crispy.

- Tamari Soy Sauce (tamari salty)

- Cinnamon and honey (sweet)

- Vanilla and cinnamon (sweet)

- Garlic powder and sea salt (salty)

- Chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, cilantro (spicy Mexican)

- Basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano (Italian, pizza)

- Figs, dates, Nama Shoyu, maple syrup, garlic, cayenne pepper (Teriyaki)

We have used the “Carmelized Pecans” posted here by wanna_B_raw. They are delicious! http://goneraw.com/recipes/1199-Carmelized-Pecans Once again, I am not sure if this is what you were looking for.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Thank you both so much. I have a bunch of almonds I am sprouting/dehydrating and I wanted to make them a couple of different ways, These recipes look fantastic, Thanks again. I can’t wait to try them out.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I made both of these recipes but only used almonds. They are wonderful. But I have to say, spouting, skinning, prepping and then dehydrating these nuts was a lot of work.