Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Soy milk?

roxiroxi Raw Newbie

Is soy milk good or bad for you? Just curious, since I have been putting it into my green smoothie in the mornings. If it is bad, why? If it is good, how? Thanks!

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Hmmm, I read up on it a while ago, and since I have a brain like a sieve sometimes, I can’t tell you the particulars. All I remember is… Soy, BAD! Actually I do remember one more thing, soy products depress your thyroid function. Not good.

Googel it and you will never use it again!

Make youself instead, some sort of a nut milk if you must add something milky to your smoothies. Do your research on the nuts to make sure they are truly raw. I deal with a company out of BC Canada, called Real Raw Foods. Their nuts ARE RAW!

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

bad – genetically modified, not to mentioned thoughtless processing. commercial soy milks are fortified with synthetically and some form of denatured sugar. the bad definetly out ways the good.

the answer: make your own from any nut, or seed.

and if you dont feel like making you own, buy hemp milk if any kind.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

The worst thing about soy milk is that it is COOKED. Definately stay away from it.

• roxiroxi Raw Newbie

ahh! Great, I just had a cup of soy milk this morning! When I get home for lunch I am pouring the rest of that crap down the drain! Luna Blu- I just did a search on google and found this website: http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/. Now I feel like I should drink a gallon of water and eat a ton of veggies and fruit to get that stuff out of my body. And to think I thought I was consuming something somewhat healthy!

• Here is another thread that has more information on soy milk.

Soy milk and soy products will increase hayfevers and allergies. They also deplete your body of Vitamin D.

http://goneraw.com/forums/2/topics/3462

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Also, many people are also allergic to soy (without knowing it), which can lead to issues such as chronic congestion. As an alternative, perhaps try out a raw almond milk.

• roxiroxi Raw Newbie

Oh boy, I am excited now. I have a whole bunch of raw almonds at home. When I get there I will be soaking them and then making the almond milk tomorrow morning for my smoothie! Thanks everyone for the feedback.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

roxi, I like to blend a couple dates into my almond milk to give it a slight sweetness, YUM. Scarey stuff soy is eh? Again, it’s all abougt the all mighty buck. We were led to think soy is great, by who, the soy people!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Here is more information about soy (originally posted in Herbivore Magazine): Wondering about soy

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Soy Alert! Weston Price Foundation.

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Make you own almond milk instead. Delicious and creamy. i use 1 C soaked almonds to 3 C clean water and blend w/ a squirt of agave nectar. I just finished a glass with frozen strawberries blended in—a strawberry shake indeed!