Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dehydrator question

Does anyone use a White Westinghouse Food Dehydrator (5 Tray)? I have someone that will give me a good deal for two and wanted to know if I can make everything like breads in it or is the Excalibur the only exceptable one?

Thanks!

Comments

• ...ok…The lady with will give me two Westinghouse dehydrators for $25 and the lady with the Excalibur won’t sell it for less than $185. She won’t take payments on it either…I asked her if she’s take a post-dated check at least, she hasn’t replied yet. I’m still unsure as to if I’ll be going 100% raw or mostly raw vegan. Any advice or opinions would be helpful. I really can’t afford $185 at this point. Does any one have experience with the Westinghouse ones?

• FeeFee Raw Master

Id go for the 2 for $25 and see how you get on with them. If they are good enough you have saved yourself $160 and if they will only do as a fill in until you can get something better you might be able to sell them both individually and get some money towards a better one.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and have fun experimemnting!

• i wasn’t sure if i would need it long term either and so i got a cheap $60 nesco one. it’s working great for me right now and i’m using the money i saved to upgrade myself to a blendtec! aside from shape issues (round dehydrators don’t make nice square crackers!) it’s been great.

• cool thanks! I wanted to go cheaper because there’s a few items I still need. I don’t care about shapes :D

• Please make sure that the two inexpensive dehydrators have thermostats that start around 100 degrees. Most of the ones I’ve seen started around 140 degrees which is why I saved up for an Excalibur.

• ok I’ll ask. Thanks.