Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What's your Favourite Fruits

My main staple is oranges/grapefruits….

Comments

• I like cantaloupe melons and green grapes best

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Lately I have been really drawn to cantelope, and also to strawberries….maybe I need more vit. C…LOL!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Pineapple!

• Grapes!!! and really good wild berries!!!

• I have to have Bananas, Apples and Pears on supply at all times. Everything else is just extra yummies to choose from.

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

Watermelon is my splurge (especially right now!). But apples are my staple (my apple supplier just told me that there is only 3 weeks of good apples left till next season :() Oranges and/or grapefruit are my daily breakfast must have.

• Strawberries are in season (at least out here) and they are everywhere – I cant get enough. Next comes melons, kiwis, and oranges.

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

bananas,grapefruit, cantaloupe,grapes, orange

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

papayas,grapefruits,watermelon,and guavas.

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

Oranges and bananas….though you guys are inspiring me with all the grapefruit-I’m soooo lazy about cutting it up properly.

• I crave grapefruit the most, but I also love papayas and blueberries. I can’t wait for watermelon to be in season!

Blujett8-I just cut my grapefruit in half and dig the sections out with a spoon. Simple!

• mmmmm i peel grapefruit like an orange, and eat it section by section. it’s sooo good that way. just roll the grapefruit around in a circle for a bit before peeling. it makes it SUPER easy to peel. watch out for a couple seeds.. but it’s EXCELLENT. it’s the only way i eat them now. . unless i make an avocado-grapefruit salad, then i peel off the section’s ‘skin’

• daisygirldaisygirl Raw Newbie

watermelon and grapes… My favourite way to eat fruit is a smoothie made with blueberries, pineapple, papaya and banana…very yummy

• Currently, I’m in love with mango, rambutan and longan.

• I would have to say Mango, apples, strawberries and bananas.

We have great oranges here all winter, and in the summer the grapes are amazing, love them too.

My super treat though are figs, fresh figs, picked from the tree in the garden and eaten still warm from the sun, soooo good :)

• Strawberries! Here in Korea we have the most amazing strawberries and a long season – we have been eating strawberries every day for the past 5 months! I just discovered Storm’s “fast easy raw vegan strawberry shortcake” recipe on YouTube – to die for!

• Is it true that we cannot trust mangoes and papayas from outside of the United States to be really raw? Does this apply ot other types of fruits as well?

P.S. Personally I love my mangoes! I like bananas too but I’m trying to keep this at one a day since I heard they make you gain weight…

• Mainly Banana, love banitos at the moment, they rock!.. my organic market has now got them!

Also Apples and Oranges

These are my staples!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

3 things I can’t live without… COCONUTS, bananas, and mango!!! And all the other fruits come in at number 2. He he ;)

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Pineapple, oranges, and grapefruit are my staples. My favorite fruit are guineps

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

fav and main fruit staple this season is corn! Many people don’ know that it is classified as a fruit :)

• I am a banana&papaya girl

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Vaughn, Corn is selling like wild fire and I cannot bring myself to get the corn and eat it raw.

• Corn is sooo yummy, I was sceptical at first but its wonderful!

• What are guineps?

They do not sell or eat fresh corn in Italy, they feed it to animals and sell only in the canned version. I DREAM of young milky silver queen, mmmm, never appreciated these things when I was an omnivore. I will be back in the US for 2 weeks in June and I will go nuts trying all sorts of things, must lay my hands on some durian, hello asian markets…so excited! So anyway sorry about my rant, what are guineps?

These days my fave are mangoes and avocado. MMmmmmmm, even found a place that sells mangoes for 2.50 euros ($3.20) as opposed to the usual 4.50 euro I customarily pay, which is almost $6.00…this place is like japan when it comes to exotic fruit. Crazy expensive! Can’t wait till fig season, we get them free from my SO’s parents country home. Warmed by the sun served on fig leaves, 3 different kinds that mature in different weeks/months during the summer. That makes it almost worth being here, almost. Peace guys :)) Deasmiles

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

cmon joesc you know you want to try one ;)

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

There are few things more wonderful than raw corn on the cobb. I can’t wait until my corn is grown, until then, I will get it at the store when ever I can!

• Raw corn on the cob is so delicious. I definately go through my phases, right now its oranges and blood oranges. I juice both of them together ( mostly because I like the color ). I can drink a half gallon of this stuff a day. I’m sure by next week I’ll be favoring a differnt fruit.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Gosh, I think that’s one thing I haven’t tried yet… raw corn! Kinda just slipped my mind I guess! I love corn too, I don’t know why I haven’t eaten it raw, what’s wrong with me??? Haaa! Thanks guys, I’ll be adding CORN to my next grocery list! ;)

• I actually never liked fruit until I became vegan. I still am not a fruit person. But my fave fruits are: avocado, banana, tomato, grapes and watermelon. I can’t wait for melon season here in the States. I’m trying to hold out and eat seasonal. But, those melons are looking gooooood at the market.