Tetracycline Teeth

Hi everyone, I have been a lurker here for a few months and have decided to take the plunge into the wonderful world of raw food.

Anyway, my question is….has anyone had any success whitening tetracycline stained teeth on raw? I have had yellow teeth from antibiotics since I was 10 years old, and I wanted to whiten them naturally and hopefully internally. I brush everyday and floss. They are clean, but just a uniform yellow, no dots or spots. Any advice would be most welcomed. Thanks

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Welcome kenny’s girl~ I have the same issue. I have never heard of anyone else with this issue even though there are tons and that is why they stopped using Tetracycline on children… to late for us though… I had chronic ear infections when I was young.

I am going to try oil pulling, but I haven’t yet (search on oil pulling on the Forums tab for discussions and www.oilpulling.com for more info). Many people have said that their teeth have gotten whiter (none mentioned having the Tetracycline issue though).

• Your teeth are porous, which is why over time stain can become harder to remove. Tetracycline stain is considered endogenous, or originating from within the tooth. It can’t be removed. But give the oil pulling a try, it sounds interesting. Can’t hurt, right?