Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Waist

shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Just wondering if there are any good Waist excerises that will shrink your waist. So far all I can think of are side crunches…

Also any foods that might help keep it small?

Thanks!

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

One thing you’ll notice in going raw—after about a month, your organs will not be anywhere near as swollen, the ribs come closer and the waist is indeed smaller. Pilates is the only way to go!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hmm…I just noticed my friend has a pilates DVD that he doesn’t really use. Maybe I’ll ask to borrow it. I’d love to strengthen my core more. Right now I am just doing about 120 crunches a day, focusing on different parts of my abs, but that can get boring.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i find that my yoga practice has strengthened my abs and waist more than pilates ever did. in fact, i recently went to a pilates class and was amazed at how easy some of the previously “hard” poses were. not to knock pilates… i’m sure there is room to grow there too. whatever speaks to you really.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Pianissima – what style of yoga do you enjoy?

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i do an anusara based vinyasa flow… it’s the best studio around and the teachers are amazingly qualified (i’m actually training to be a teacher). i think any style that encourages you to PROGRESS, get stronger, more flexible, more centered, is the a great one.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Thanks guys!

When eating ALL kinds of cooked foods, I noticed my stomach actually getting bigger right after I ate. I thought it was maybe an allergy of some sort…

I sometimes notice it with raw foods aswell, though not as much, and it definetly didn’t get as big as after eating cooked foods.

• there are some awesome core exercises that you can do…if you do crunches and sit ups, it will work the surface muscles…but if you want your waist to tighten up and draw in rather than bulk up on muscle, you’ve got to work from the core out! Look up some exercises on youtube, they’ll be best described and explained there. Just look up something like “core workout”...

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

There was a thing at a gym I used to go to where you stood on it and twisted from side to side, it worked wonders, sorry but I don’t know what it is called.

Also hula hooping is brilliant fun and terrific for the waist.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

There’s a lot of garbage “Pilates” DVDs out there. I highly recommend the STOTT series, especially beginning with Basic Mat and progressing to Intermediate Mat—which used to be called Firm & Flexible. these are easily obtained from Amazon. You will get great instruction with these from Moira.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

anyone tried Tapp? The marketing makes it look like a miracle exercise, is it true? does anyone do it?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

oh yes!!! Bikrams sorts everything out ;)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

valeria – my stomach swelled every time i ate cooked too!! thankfully, i’m now all raw and it no longer happens – PHEW!!!!