Onions and Garlic

Hello everyone ^^ Well, I have this question and Im not sure if this is the right place… Ive heard that onions and garlic can give you bad body odor, Does someone know about this? There is a buddhist tradition that avoid the consumption of what they call “five pungent spices”, and garlics and onions are amongst them. I dont use this spices and I dont have a bad odor, but now that Im going raw I see that a lot of recipes have this two ingredients… Thanks for your help! =)

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

If eaten in excessive amounts garlic and onions will give your body a pungent smell which is not very pleasant. Both of these foods have small amounts of toxins. Most of these toxins are released through the skin which is the cause for the smell. It does not mean that these two foods aren’t beneficial. Even though they may have small amounts of naturally occurring toxins, they are very potent antibacterials. Just make sure you eat garlic one days you know you aren’t going to be busy. The smell of your breath may cause you to loose some friends :)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

To each his own. I never thought garlic odor was offensive. I guess it depends whose breath it’s on. Here is a LINK to a previous thread on garlic.

• Thank you guys, I dont stomach them so well but I have to try some salty recipes without them and see if they turn out well ^^