Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Anyone ready to kick off 2 weeks raw

2»

Comments

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

for breakfast green smoothie, snacked on some carrots, lunch was zucchini pasta with marinara and a “burger” pattie. than snacked on some crackers and nuts, for dinner i will have cerial..i gotta post that recipe from Ani’s raw kitchen…its soo good..the goji berrie sunshine cerial.

• Hi Everyone,

Is it too late to join?

never too late Ashley…

• Super! Two weeks raw here we go!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

bitt—a raw cinnamon roll? is this a recipe you can share? yummy…

today: green juice and smoothie for breakfast, big salad with sprouts and tomato for lunch (with left-over flatbread from the other night), LOTS of water, grapefruit mango and avocado salad, a durian-nana pudding for dessert with my kombucha. day 4. yes!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Cinnamon Rolls

I got it on this lovely site!

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

Okay, I have to list yesterdays, and todays menu! If I can remember it all.. Monday Breakfast was left over raisin cookies from the night before. lunch was a green smoothie with spinach, dates, banana, strawberry, mango, blueberries, and flax. snack was half of an apple, and a whole avocado. Dinner was a HUGE, I mean HUGE salad. I can’t even remember what I put in that thing. Everything but the kitchen sink. LOLOL Tuesday I drank a smoothie. Same as above. lunch was a huge salad with mostly cabbage, spinach, cucs, and butter lettuce. snack; Almonds and raisin snack : strawberry and coconut smoothie. Dinner; salad made with diced zucchini, cabbage, soaked sunflower seeds, and home made dressing. Dessert; soaked sunflower seeds with coconut, cinnamon, and agave nectar. I REALLY wanted avocado, but I have none left, and I’m almost out of agave nectar too!! Bitt, I REALLY want to try some raw cinnamon rolls!!!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I have to say the cinnamon rolls were a lot of work but worth it! I feel like I am really indulging but it’s all good for me! Mmmm

Today I had a smoothie with raspberries, blueberries, spinach, almond milk and a banana. Lunch was salad, nori wraps with lots of sprouts and avocado, and a cinnamon roll. I think I had some fruit too.For dinner I was feeling like something quick so I had another smoothie (same as breakfast) and a lara bar (the chocolate coconut one is a good quick fix for a chocolate craving).

Tomorrow I get my dehydrator! My husband surprised me and it is an early b-day gift. I’m so excited.

ps: saraw, our avocados are not ripe yet. i feel for ya. :-(

• Yummmmmmy, today I had:

B Superfood, berry, green smoothie Lunch Salad with Sweet Orange Miso dressing Snack A couple of some gorgeous squares I made today (like the traditional cereal squares that everyone brings to pot-lucks, ohhhhh!!!) Supper Same as lunch, and once again a couple of those squares and a Medjool date I drank 10+ glasses of water today, so I’m proud of myself. Yay!

You all are doing so great!!!!

I had 2 green smoothies (start to like them), some nuts, a “burger” pattie and lots of water, i wanted to make Pianissimas indian bread but can not find sunflowerseed where I live, but friday i go to wholefoods and buy nuts in bulk again

sabrina1979—any seed will do… cool you like green smoothies!

bitt—thanks, actually i noticed it posted on the #1 recipe forum… those look sensational. i love rawdorable’s stuff. haven’t made any of it yet, but i love the photos. have you tried for the donuts?

ok: today woke up really early so i had a whole bunch of liquid for breakfast (green juice, coconut water and a green smoothie… i don’t usually have this many coconuts on hand… i feel very spoiled), then i drank water with a dash of ACV in it until about 2:30 (was working), BIG salad (yes, kale) with leftover flat bread (yes, again) and avocado, some spicy ginger-lemon water i’ve been making, a small green smoothie for a snack, and a “pizza” for dinner (circle of my flatbread with tomato sauce, avocado “cheese” and a bunch of veggies) with a small salad with sprouts.

good night everyone!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

my mono is really tiring me out and some stress at school is making matters worse. i am hoping this diet is keeping me from getting much worse.

yesterday I had a carrot/celery/apple/ginger juice and a cinnamon roll for bfast. lunch was kelp noodles with tahini sauce, bean sprouts, and jicama and lettuce salad, lara bar. after school i went to the store and had a shot of wheatgrass and a blood orange. dinner was a green smoothie and a cinnamon roll.

today i will get my weekly dinner at the local raw foods restaurant which is helping me transition so well.

wow bitt, you have mono and you are doing all this! i’m really impressed. is that why you decided to go raw?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

well actually I thought i had fibromyalgia. and then i have also had extreme back pain and can’t exercise as much as i used to. my old standby (and most of my family members too) was you can eat junk if you work out lots. well i can’t do that anymore. i realized everything i ate had to be essential to making me healthy. i can’t afford to waste calories on sugar and processed food. i have always loved raw food having eaten at many restaurants that had raw food. it is so fresh and delicious. i just found out this week that i have re-activated mono. the naturopath suggested that I start eating cooked food. i told her if i crave it, i might. but i don’t. my digestion is so much better and i love experimenting with such fun foods. i also found I am iron-deficient so it just challenges me more to find healthy foods. i’m still waiting for the fatigue to clear up.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

OH MY GOODNESS YOU ALL ARE LIFESAVERS! I was 100% raw for two months this past summer, and then succumbed and have been about 75% raw since September, but way overeating and trying to find the balance, etc. But with spring here again and abundant sunshine, I have been 100% for about a week now and ready to kick off two more! Let’s have at it! I think I joined a little late, but here we go anyways! Thanks for all the suppport, this is really great.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

And I have a question while I’m thinking about it…what are your girls’ menses like while living raw?

ok today i had green smoothie again and for lunch something really delicous, a get-together out of 2 recipes from this site. I made indian flatbread and used the sun dried tomatoe burger as spread/hummus instead as a burger..it was soooo good. For dinner i had my goji berrie sunshine cerial again and lots of water during the day.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

ok, end of 2 weeks raw total! I am feeling great. my digestion is so much better i didn’t realize it was that bad before!

yesterday I had a green smoothie for bfast, lunch was a jicama, tomato, avocado salad and a red leaf lettuce with sprouted beans. Dinner was falafel recipe from goneraw with tahini, lettuce, and pumpkin seed crackers. i made some raw chocolate truffles for dessert and had them with some cherries.

this morning i have had a green smoothie and cashew cream on banana. (I know cashews are not 100% raw but I am using them up.)

bethechange—there have been a lot of discussions about this. type “period” in the forum search. mine have come back, but nothing like the painful ones i used to get. it’s incredible. some raw-ers think it’s cool to completely stop your period because that means you are totally clean inside. there are other reasons why your period could stop, so it’s a good idea to get a check-up.

sabrina—so glad you enjoyed the bread. i think i’ve been making so many variations on flatbread i’m a little tired of them by now. =) i did one with the left-over pulp that had a whole lemon in it. OOOH… if you like lemon i definitely recommend that variation. i switched the spices to a more mediterranean bread by using oregano and basil.

bitt—well congrats! i was anemic for a while too. i think your body will balance out and start to absorb the iron more efficiently now that you are eating raw. about cashews, i thought they were raw my first two weeks and made “whipped cream” every night (whip cashews, water, almond extract, and a date)... and since it was my first time on raw i don’t think it made much a difference. but yeah, eventually they had to go.

today i felt voracious… for BREAKFAST i had: a green juice, an entire coconut, a huge kale salad, a pear, some almonds and an entire mango. i don’t even feel that full. really strange. though i don’t think i’ll be having lunch =)

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

I just wanted to update! I haven’t been able to post lately. I am still all raw, and I’ve lost two inches off my waist!! I feel really good! Onward I will go!!! Oh, I declined alcohol even!

• Doing a fruit cleanse currently…

You can check it out at www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

Alright, I am back. I was gone for the weekend but still raw..lol..I decided also to switch to one week just smoothies, fruit and green ones, I never did that. So I will start tomorrow with my smoothie week… over the weekend i just had fruits, veggies and salads and lots of water.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

today i was so grateful for my crackers and my dehydrator. my tummy was a little weak so I really needed something dry like that. oh, and bananas. love them too.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

how is everybody doing? 2 weeks is almost up!

• breakfast: green smoothie. Same as always; pear, dates, spinach, hemp, flax, pumpkin seed mylk snacked on some carrot bread I dehydrated this weekend at work lunchish: three big collard greens wrapped up around a nummy pate later two teeny little apples sliced up with some wilderness family coconut butter(this stuff is like crack!) didn’t really have “dinner” persay. Had two bananas after I walked home from work. then nibbled on some carrots, sliced cucumbers and mushrooms while snuggling my baby bro. Raw is awesome. 100% feels better than like 65-70%, by far.

wow… time flies. i still am LOVING being wine-free! it’s just such an emotional relief to wake up not thinking “gosh, i wish i hadn’t drunk…” it’s so empowering making a decisions you feel good about…

anyway—today: morning juice: watermelon, celery and tiny bit of arugula, lunch: red kale salad with sesame vinaigrette and some dehydrated veggie patties i made yesterday, 1 kombucha…

yesterday i didn’t have dinner, which i’ve never done before. from how i feel today it seems like it was a good idea.

i realized i was a little agitated from drinking too many ginger-spicy pepper drinks… =) so i’m slowing down on those.

how is everyone else doing?

dreaminraw—totally agree about 100% versus less. ;)

• Hey all…I’m afraid I didn’t do completely raw for two weeks. Stuff came up. I’m a high raw girl, but I do love doing 100% a lot too. Lately I’ve been doing nearly 100% raw, but that wasn’t when this forum was doing the two week thing. :0) Just wanted to let you know. (I’m a very honest soul, lol)

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

Yeah, I did 10 days, and then was high raw, t hen I ate a few things I shouldn’t have eaten. Believe me, I am PAYING for it. I have a bladder infection, itchy skin, and I’m having trouble feeling good in general. Now, I just don’t feel like eating anything right now. So, I am starting over. That is all I can do. Last weekend I drank some wine, ate some corn chips with pico de gallo, some peanut butter chocolate stuff.. CHEESE. TOO MUCH CHEESE!!! My gall bladder feels like it is trying to squirm out of my body right now!