Best Raw Vacation Places?

(Yay, my first forum post!)

I’ve been trying to research the best places to vacation for raw foodies. I know New York is touted as a paradise of raw restaurants, but what my lovely man and I are looking for is something more tropical!

Has anyone gone on an amazing trip that they would suggest? Perhaps a gorgeous retreat center or less touristy spot with amazing fruit? Have a secret dream raw vacation that they could suggest? I promise to take lots of photos and give full details! :)

We’re planning on a vacation in August, if that is important.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

Comments

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Well it’s not exactly tropical but it’s on an island on a lake in Maine:

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/4/topics/4106

I would love to go sometime in the future

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

someone recently posted that tahiti was raw heaven. fresh coconut milk, coconut water, tropical fruits…

north island of new zealand is pretty cool in their summer as well… plus, there’s so much to do for free… beaches, hikes, waterfalls, lakes…

australia is great too. the produce market in melbourne is like nothing i have ever seen in my life!

• Don’t laugh. I know this is not a retreat center and ordinarily would not be considered a “raw” vacation, however there is a very nice hotel in Cancun called the Fiesta Americana Condesa. The food is fabulous—tons of incredibly fresh fruit and vegetables with a flexible staff who would do their best to prepare raw dishes. Each day and night there is a well priced buffet with just phenomenal raw choices. And for those who eat fish, they also have ceviche. You can also get great travel deals including airfare and rental car. So, if you are looking just to relax (forget the town—it’s everything you’ve heard), or perhaps would like to visit other towns or ruins, too, I think it’s a very nice spot.

• JoyceH: That looks like a fun, but they don’t have dates in August, unfortunately! Chilove used to live in Seattle (I used to serve her raw food at the cafe where I chef!) so I’ll try to get in touch with her for ideas.

Pianissima: Tahiti is on our short list! We’re from Washington, so there are lots of opportunities to hike, waterfalls and lakes here with similar climate. Australia sounds amazing! :)

Mon46: That sounds awesome! Mexico is on our maybe list..and now I have a specific hotel to check out!

Thanks all of you for the input!