Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Feeling "Sugary"

Anyone go through feeling “sugary”... It’s like I can literally feel the sugar… and I have this non stop sweet taste in my mouth (even after brushing)... is that normal? Does it adjust later on? Should I compensate with something that’s not fruit? TY!

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

do you think you’ve been eating too much sweet stuff? what is your diet like?

• I eat fruit from about 7 am until 3 pm… and then from 3 pm until 6 pm I’ll eat veggies…

Yesterday… Bk 1 cup watermelon
    • 1 banana Lunch 2 Apples Snack 1/4 c Pecans, half cantaloupe Dinner 1 cup shredded carrots, spring onions, brocolli

Lots of water in between…?

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

These are all quite high gi fruits, you could try eating berries instead or having a large bowl of greens after eating the fruit.

Smoothies are also good because you get a slight sweetness but the greens help them to be slow release

http://www.rawlifestyle.co.uk

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

You might check your tongue… If it has a white coating, that could cause the sugary taste… After brushing your teeth, brush your tongue, see if this helps… Good luck!!!

yes that’s a lot of sugar. if you feel you need to eat fruit till 3pm then switch in some low-sugar ones like cucumber, tomato, zucchini.

honestly, i felt this way too when i was trying out the “eat all the fruit you want till dinner, or till you feel like greens.” i wouldn’t recommend it if you are starting out. i tried it for about 6 months and i started to feel more and more tired. i added in some greens and fats towards lunch, having a kale salad with tomatoes for ex at lunch…

fruit is just VERY cleansing and i’m not sure it’s so great in large quantities if you are still in detox or fairly new to raw—forgive me if you aren’t, i just saw that you started an account fairly recently (it takes a while for your body to recalibrate after years of cooked foods remember)THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE if you are going light on the greens, which from your daily intake it seems like you are.

get some more greens in and you’ll be fine. don’t eat sweet things if you are feeling “sugary” because it sounds like that is your body asking to be balanced out.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

i want to second pianissima. She gave me some great advice a couple of days ago about eating more greens, and I’ve been doing that and feeling better.

nycggrl—yay! so glad you are feeling better. =)

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

All I seem to want lately is sugar- so much agave!! Is there such thing as too much? How bad is half of a container in one day?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

juicy – i would look into acid/alkaline balance. for example, if someone was craving meat, they would need to have some apple cider vinegar or other acidic food so their pH is balanced. one excellent books is: Gabriel Cousens Counscious Eating. remember that all ripe fruits, all greens and veggies are alkyline forming (for many people – it depends on your body type, go to a bookstore and read the chapter from Gabriel’s book or visit his website online and read some of his articles). I’d be careful of eating tons of agave, as it’s not considered raw by all raw foodists (see the dead food list at purelyraw.com). i also wouldn’t recommend eating tons of it because you could throw off your pH balance. i highly recommend that you buy pH testing strips at the store to quicky and easily urine test every 24 hours to check your pH levels.