Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

alternative to TEFLEX?

msrawdivamsrawdiva Raw Newbie

would parchment paper do? i don’t really know what teflex is but i don’t want to buy it – i want to use something i may already have.

thanx!

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I use parchment paper and it works great. Good luck!!

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

wax paper

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

yuna, you use wax paper in your dehydrator with good results?

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Hey Bluejett, I’ve only used dehydrator fruit roll sheets. But, i’ve seen a lot of suggestions on raw recipe boards to use wax paper and i would try it in an emergency.

• msrawdivamsrawdiva Raw Newbie

thanks, ladies!!!! i just bought about 5 boxes of unbleached parchment paper, so i guess it should work fine.

i love this board!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

msrawdiva—if you a 9 tray, you can also just put dishes on the bottom… like if you are warming veggies, or a tomato sauce or soup. i’ve even just put stuff on plates on the bottom. it works nicely.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Also, I am working on a solar powered dehydrator. I posted a forum topic about it you can find it. It uses not teflex, but parchment.

• msrawdivamsrawdiva Raw Newbie

i NEVER would’ve thought about heating foods on a plate in the dehaydrator! makes loads of since – i don’t have the vitamix to heat up sauces and soups.