Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Getting Support at home!

After watching what I ate last week, my son decided that he wants to do it with me. I told him to try it for a week and then decide. Normally he’d eat us out of house and home, so I’m hoping that this might settle better with him… if he does have to eat a ton of it, at least it’s better for him than what he’s normally eating!

I’m looking forward to having the raw company!

(oh, and I didn’t get a prize this week end …maybe a “here’s your sign award”, but I did get pretty ill after eating crazy at a restaurant, but it was one of those once in a lifetime going to that fancy of a place, and I couldn’t turn it down!!)

Comments

• That’s great! My fiance has been doing this diet with me too, even though he thinks it is crazy. I am grateful to have support like that. It’s also interesting to see how my system deals with the same food as his, yet we get different reactions.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

That’s awesome – both of you! Good to hear the perspective of a parent – I have been trying to teach my son about eating healthy, but even though I buy him whole grain and natural stuff, I don’t want to force him to eat raw, and I want him to be able to find what he likes and what works for him eventually on his own (he is only 6 now). I have noticed that as I have backed off, he has once in a while asked if he could try something I was making for me.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Good for him and you!! How old is your son?

My hubby has been drinking green smoothies now and again!!!!!! Which has thrilled me to bits!! it’s a start!

I can imagine how thrilled you muct be that your boy wants to do like mommy does! So cute and awesome!!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Totally jealous! Hard to watch my SAD sort-of teens eat their way into a lifetime of ill-health. My youngest is vegan so that’s a help. Husband is doing really well limiting animal after watching “Eating” from the RAVE diet. Wonderful DVD. It can be ordered from www.ravediet.com. I just saw a recipe for raw hotdogs on the Sunny Raw Kitchen website. May just work for the kids.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

My mom got pumped when I told her that I wanted to make raw chcolate. She asked what I needed and was so enthusiatic about the whole thing, probably because she is a dark chocolate fiend like me:)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

that’s so great swt101! the best is when they get curious. i also created a little domino effect by getting my mom curious. now she eats more raw and juices every morning, and since she was making them my dad now has a fresh juice every morning too.

what’s great is that they really feel the difference and it helps them to understand why i made this choice. hopefully your son will be inspired by the changes he notices in his own body.

angie—yay! bit by bit…

• Luna Blu—he is 11. I think he understood the logic behind not eating “junk”... but he’s finding it hard!! Last night he wanted all kinds of junky foods and I said “if you are going to do this, you need to do your best at it, find something else if you are still hungry”... he got through it but he said “mom that is really tough!! :) I’m hoping if anything he’ll at least go for more veggies and fruit instead of the cookies and chips!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

my husband keeps eating the raw meals and then making a 2nd meal for himself. he doesn’t have the health issues I do, so there is less motivation. he is a green smoothie fanatic. it has replaced oatmeal for both of us.

• When my boyfriend and I went raw, we thought his 15 year old vegan daughter would be all for it. It turned out that she is so against it. Hates it. But, we ended up getting support from his SAD eating 17 year old son. We didn’t push the lifestyle on him, really didn’t think he would be interested – but he turned out to want to do it with us. Go figure. Of course he really didn’t get that excited about it until he saw an excerpt from a Food Network show talking with Rastafarians in Jamaica, whom were all raw.