Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Has anyone here had any experience with oil pulling

I’ve heard a lot about it and cant tell if it really works or if its just a rumor… I’ll appreciate any comments, thanks!

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

nessie – I tried it briefly but found I couldn’t raise a 7 year old without being able to talk for 15 minutes in the morning. There’s lots of info at www.earthclinic.com. There seem to be lots of people who swear by it.

• I have been doing it since May 07, and for me, it works great.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

funny, amysue! kids…

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I haven’t tried it but have read up on it. The thing I find amazing is that the benefitgs proponents claim, toxins are pulled out of the body and deposited into the oil, could easily be scientifically verified yet I could find no one with data supporting the claims. If anyone has come across that information, I would appreciate being directed to it. Thanks.

• I’ve never been persistent enough to do it regularly, so I don’t know if it really works at removing toxins. I can say that my teeth look super clean afterwards.

• Go to www.curezone.com and click on oil pulling forum at the left of the page for an ongoing discussion. Then at the top of the oil pulling forum, click on faq.

• heard of it.. what is it exactly?

• Cure Zone forums are for different things such as Iodine supplementation, juice or water fasts, mastercleanses, etc. The forum topics are there for people to ask and recieve answers from members and forum directors. Quite enlightening if you read enough faqs.

• I was just reading about this! It sounds very interesting and if it lives up to all the hype that would be amazing. I started on monday, so I will let you know my results after a week or two. It’s very easy to do while getting ready in the morning, and relaxing too.

• Bocelli, If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of oil are you using?

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

It seems to me just about any unrefined oil would work. Way before I heard about oil pulling I had read of a cleanse you do with olive oil internally to pull toxins out. They tell you to take fiber and laxatives after to pass it Quickly, so you don’t reabsorb what it’s pulling out. I haven’t tried “oil pulling” otherwise, except that I brush my teeth with oil and I do swish it a bit afterwards. I know that that seems to clean my teeth and mouth well. But I can’t say that I have noticed anything else as of yet. Then again, I don’t have any major health issues. It wouldn’t hurt to try it.

• I tried it once, but it didn’t seem to work at all. But I’m thinking it’s because the oil, though named pure, wasn’t necessarily cold-pressed or organic. Didn’t seem to work for me, but it could’ve been the oil…probably was.

• I started oil pulling a month ago,just once a day for about 10 mins,now my teeth are whiter than ever before,and my gums are not bleeding when i floss/brush.I am using untoasted sesame oil.

• SuzicalSuzical Raw Newbie

I started it after I read about it on this and other websites. It is working very well for me. Here’s what has happened for me so far:

More glowy skin (even better than when I was on a 40 raw juice fast) Healing the receding gums Teeth more rooted (although not white, white, they are becoming more uniform and light in their color) Really good sleep

Hope that helps – I use sesame oil, but plan to switch after a month to sunflower and then to safflower and experiment with other potential oils. Someone on a Q&A oil pulling forum was asking about using Castor Oil – don’t think I could go there. Will report back if I do go there.

• What is oil pulling?