Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hemp Protein

I looked into sources of protein and it seems that Hemp is the best and most complete source. True? I was thinking about buying Nutiva (Raw, Organic, not Vegan).

Does anyone have a brand they would like to recommend? I’m very active in the gym and out, however I’ve noticed since going raw my muscles can use a little bit of extra help with growth.

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I have used Nutiva Hemp Protein Powder. Now I just eat the whole shelled seeds. Protein powder makes my smoothies too gritty, floury tasting. The seeds make a smoother consistancy.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Ruths hemp rotein powder is raw and vegan. i just use the hemp seeds! Oh another one is a brand named Hempola, i think. i liked the taste of that better than Ruths.

It is a great source of all the essential amino acids.

Raw muscle is a denser better quality muscle. It doesn’t grow as quickly, but it hangs around longer after you stop working out for a while.

Also, don’t strss about protein. Even if all you ate was brocoli in a day, you would still get as much protein as even Arnold Swarzeneggar recomends!! He has been known to say that he thinks the body builders today eat way too much protien.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Manitoba Harvest distributes shelled hempseeds too. I’m on the hemp cheerleading squad too. It is super digestible and so good for you. Its a staple in my diet right now. Just 1 T or 2 in a smoothie is great. It also blends with water, cocoa, and sweetener of your choice to make a great ice cream if you have an ice cream maker!

• JDJD

Ok, I just realized that someone else posted about hemp hearts. Based on my reading and responses I think I should be going with the shelled hemp hearts.

One big concern though. My research indicates that you will lose your appetite and this is a good product for obese people (among other things of course). Ok so anyway, I do not have a weight problem and I really do not want to start skipping meals because I feel satisfied from hemp hearts.

Anyone have any insight/experience with this?

I’m really wanting to take this for the protein and health benefits but I do not want to wreck my metabolism by not eating. Plus, I love food. I couldn’t imaging eating breakfast and then not eating again until dinner because I’m not hungry.

• I have never had this problem. I eat hemp seeds every morning for breakfast and it does not interfere at all with my desire to eat through the rest of the day. Sometimes I wish it did :)

• JDJD

Thanks Karuna. I’m gonna go ahead and give it a try.