Master Cleanse 10 Days

I’ve been reading several books regarding fasting and one of them was pretty catastrophic.

I do not want to spend money in going to see the doc.

Next week I’m going to start the Master Cleanse with my wife.

The fast will last 10 days (at least our bodies request more or less) Do we need to go to see the doctor? At any of the books (even at the MC one) it’s said, but it’s said on one of them. I’ve also read if you are overweight, you can’t do it either.

My wife and I have been vegan for one year (we did not abuse junk food) We are also raw 100% (with green smoothies) for two month (will be next week more or less) We also do a 1 day week juice fasting (every Sunday) 1st one was last Sunday and 2nd one will be this Sunday. Next Wednesday our MC starts.

I’ve stopped smoking two years ago ( and when I did, I’ve smoked an average of 5 cigarettes a day) Ana was just a passive smoker… but she never smoked.

We either drink alcoholic drinks nor other drugs.

We exercise, not every day, but we do.

I’m 5’10 and right now I’m 202 pounds

My wife is 5’08’’ and she is 240 pounds.

Thanks a lot guys!!!!

We really appreciate it!

Comments

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I did an 11 day MC about 2 months ago. I am going to do it again in a month or two. I highly recommend it. It wasn’t that difficult. I had moments when I thought “why?” but they never lasted long. I did not go to a Dr. first, but I am not really overweight. The books I read (Burrough’s original and Glickman’s compilation of experiences) actually advocate it for weight loss. What are your reasons for doing it and your reservations?

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Yeah, just do it. As long as you’ve read the book I don’t see why not.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

DO IT!!! good for you for taking steps towards better health and cleansing your body! My mom did this, or at least a variation thereof, and she cleansed herself so much of mucuouses that she continued with a juice feast for about 4 months, and lost 60 pounds! They just melted right off! Stay strong for the initial 10 days, and you guys will totally be on your way.

Also, she did something which I had never thought of doing, but had the drink in many unique ways to keep it exciting. For instance, she would have it hot in a mug, as a soup in a bowl with a spoon, cold in a glass with ice cubes…just something to keep in mind if and when you decide to do the MC

I also find that the MC is a great way to just relax into a weekend for 24 hours or a good balancer if you overdid any type of eating the day before. It is a powerful restorative drink all the time, not just for 10 days!

Good luck and have fun :)

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

Oh, and you should consider getting a colonic at the beginning of it to help kickstart things. They’re well worth the money, and if you have never done one, do it with this cleanse and you will reap amazing benefits!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

The reason disclaimers are routinely issued before advising somone about a healthcare regimen has more to do with avoiding potential aliability than anything else. When a writer promotes a health regimen, it is often accompanied by their credentials, which indicate to others they are a legitimate resource for a layperson to rely on, such as a heath care professional. It is stamdard practice for medical disclaimers to be issued when promoting or describing any type of health regimen. The recommended regimen may affect someone adversely due to their unique heath concerns. If so, that person may sue the writer, pubisher, etc. claiming they were justified in relying on the writer’s expertise and did so to their detriment. If a disclaimer to see a physician first is included, it provides the writer with two defenses: 1) the reader did not follow the writer’s directions properly because the did not check with a physician and 2) if there is any liability it is with the physician for not properly advising the reader about how the regimen would affect their unique circumstances. Of course it is always better to receive approval from a healthcare professional about your individual circumstances.

I have no healthcare qualifications other than my own experiences. I have a variety of health care issues but decided to do a MC contrary to my naturopath’s orders. It went very well and helped me immensely. When I told my naturopath how well it went, he asked me more questions about it and I discovered he thought it was close to a water fast (which he thinks floods the bloodstream of modern man with too many toxins too quickly when they have not regularly detoxed). Anyway, he approved a modified version of the MC for my unique situation to be followed over an extended time and I am enjoying it very much.

I read a good deal about MC before I chose to defy my naturopath’s orders so I felt comfortable with that decision and was willing to take the risk. I also had plenty of recent medical tests to help me understand my health profile. The MC is a modified type of fast and all animals, including humans, have been fasting since the inception of their species.

If you have any reason to believe you may have issues regulating your blood sugar, I believe that would necessitate the need to see a doctor first. Good Luck.