Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

mono-fruit diet?

BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

What does anyne know about (temporary) mono fruit diets? Has anyone ever followed one before? Next week I am looking to do either one type of fruit per day or even one type of fruit for several days…I’ve heard of doing it with grapes and apples, but doesn’t one’s sugar spike like crazy? Hm. Anyways, let me know!

I’m doing this partly for time management, partly for full moon celebrations, partly as a cleanse, and partly as a way to remind myself that I do not need to be so greedy lately! I need a kick in the pants with simplicity!

Anyone is invited to join me, too!

Comments

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I was going to post that I want to join. I have been thinking about fasting with water on the full moon for spiritual reasons, but I think the days before and after I will be doing just grapefruits,just limes, or apples. Or like you said and switching it out everyday.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’ve been craving apples and mangos like crazy lately. I’d like to do apples one day, and then mango’s another day, and then apples again. Or seriously, I won’t plan it out, just eat whatever fruit I feel like each day. I already do mono-meals of apples for lunch at work.

I enjoy all-fruit eating. So simple and nourishing.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I think a great thing to do B4 you launch into that is to find out your Ayurvedic body type. Vatas cannot do it—they need heavier raw food—nuts and seeds and avos, pittas thrive on it and kaphas I’m not sure as i don’t even have one single trait of a kapha. I found this very interesting. As with most raw—it’s a personal journey and we arrive where we thrive, based on trial and error. We cut out, we perfect, but we ultimately stay with a raw lifestyle that works for the long term. Anyway..there are many on-line tests to check your dosha and then to see what foods balance you. i recently had a terrible bout of insomnia—instantly solved with nightly coconut oil massage. The foods, the oils to massage with, are all unique to your dominant dosha. Search Ayurveda dosha test.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Interesting! I have to admit I get overwhelmed by the dosha tests…I’m never sure how to answer the questions because all of the answers seem to apply to me at one point or another, heh. Every day is different…Maybe avoiding the test altogether is a trait of one of the doshas. :-)

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

hm, good idea! I’ll check right now….

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Yes, it does. That’s one of the most fun things about mono-eating fruit. You can really get the message about how they interact with your body!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Does monoeating fruit mean basically eating just fruit – in the whole form? I do that alot. Does coconut qualify as fruit? I’vejust given up on seeds and nuts, they’re driving my stomach and bowels crazy.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Didn’t know anything about dosha, i’ve make a test and my mind is VATA, but my body is VATA, PITTA and KAPHA in the same proportion… I’ve seen vata’s diet and it doesn’t fit to my actual diet… vatas are supposed to have problems gaining weight, and that is NOT my case…

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I have not any evidence at all. I have make it and see if it fits, and it doesn’t. Anyway, while you have wrotre the messagge i was making another quiz in a different webpage, and 20 minutes ago “i was” vata, now “i’m” Pitta-Kapha. So, i don’t know anything on ayurveda, what i know is that those test on internet can’t be something to follow (for me, of course)

• I have tried the mono eating with fruit, and I started out all tingly and fresh with so much energy and in the end really crashed from the fructose. I know that fruit and veggies these days have been so hybridized that they are sweeter,like 30 times sweeter, than nature created. Just food for thought.

• I’ve tried it and all fruit made my insulin levels completely imbalanced. So what I recommend you do is eat fruit if you like, but have a couple bunches of fresh, crisp, green lettuces such as red leaf, etc, all chopped up and washed so you can much on it plain to balance the fruit sugars. It’s really good in its own right.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

A day of romaine! :-)

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

ok! So, I completed a 6-day cleanse with mono on the mind! I started out eating apples for two days, and then felt too imbalanced, so I had a lettuceleaf salad for one sitting and apples for the other. I feel pretty amazing and it really kickstarted my digestion and cleaned out some toxins that I was not previously aware of. I might even keep this going, I feel so wonderful! I believe that doing this on the full moon significantly helped, too.

This does realllllllly help simplify life when dayplanners are packed with too many things to count, and meal planning and grocery shopping were of course a breeze. I think the trick to eating an entirely mono-fruit diet is only eating when you are really TRULY hungry, because otherwise you eat too much sugar than what you’re burning off and things get uncomfortable.

I highly suggest this to anyone, for at least a long weekend. I’d like to try cantaloupe and romaine next.