Nutritional Yeast

TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

i dont know much about this stuff… i know i like it alot and it makes my food tast chzy…. but is it good for you? does it act as yeast in your body and spread? Can it lead to a yeast overload if im also consuming lots of fruit?

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Nothing’s bad about it at all, except that it’s not raw. I consume brewer’s yeast for protein, and it really helps the gut in some strange way. The fact that it is not raw doesn’t seem to matter. You are going to get lots of mixed opinions about yeast on here, but I gotta tell ya I am a fruitarian that eats a few greens and brewer’s yeast. There shouldn’t be a problem with a yeast overload. It doesn’t act as yeast, because it is the same as yeast, but it is “deactivated” so there is no yeast spreading, unlike the horrible stuff in bread, which spreads like cancer.

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

Thank you very much! How long have u been fruitarian? where can i get some good info on it?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I have been on and off fruitarian for a few years, but have decided to stick with it because I can’t really digest nuts, seeds, or grains. Roadrunner on this site, who is fruitarian as well, gave me a website: The Fruit Pages. It is a cool site, full of pretty pictures and recipes. You could also do a search on google and you’ll get a whole bunch of information. I really love being a fruitarian, so good luck on that!