Watery discharge from ears

queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I notice that in the morning I will have a slight watery clear discharge from my ears (normally what ever ear is on my pillow) just wondering if any one might have had this before and what is might mean. Some sort of detox?

I also tend to get flakies in some of my outer ear cevices and when I scrape them off – there will be a little watery discharge too.

let me just say that I have lots of ear problems: I have hearing loss and I wear hearing aids during the day so my ears don’t always get to breathe. I tend to have problems with wax too.

Anyone else have problems like this with their ears? I am of the belief that ear wax (at least an excess of it) is a form of detox. Anyone have any info on this?

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Ear wax won’t be watery. Any chance water got caught in your ears? Do you have pain? What color is this stuff? Is it gray?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

It isn’t ear wax (although I got plenty of that stuff too – any know what color healthy ear wax should really be?) that I know. I have this almost every night – even on days when I don’t get any water near my ears. No pain. It has no color, just clear – I can’t really see it but I feel it with my fingers. My ear feels slighty wet in the AM.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I’m wondering if you aren’t getting a bit of eczema from irritation, maybe from your hearing aids. It can crop up from contact with something you’re allergic to. Usually it’s from shampoo if it’s near or in the ears, but I know you and I don’t have to worry about that, haha. I know you’re in a new environment, there. Anything new that’s been introduced? Soaps? Pollens? New earrings?

Nope, no soap (or shampoo :) ) near my ears. Don’t wear earrings. As far as I know I am not allergic to anything like pollens. It has happened off and on for quite a number of years. I almost seems like “drainage” but from where?

I did notice when I went %100 raw once that I had dryness and flakiness in my ear before almost like a detox and that my ear wax got very dry and less oily.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

queenfluff~ I had the same thing happen to me… I feel like the moisture is just that… I had a problem of fluid in my ears and at different times I too would have that watery drainage, so yes I believe it is a form of detox… I went through a terrible time with my sinuses and since they have finally cleared, my ears have also cleared…. I was told by my dermatologist that the flakyness is a fungus and to put hydrocortosone cream in them a couple times a day… I did and it went away, that was a year or so before I went raw… Now, I put coconut oil in them every time I use it on my face… Hope this helps you as YOU have really helped me to learn all about raw hair, Thank YOU so much!!!

waterbaby12347-

thanks! yes, that helps me. I have been searched all over the net but not much info on raw food and ear health. weird? I know some experienced raw foodies believe ear wax and other ear problem is a symptoms of detox. Too much ear wax is another way to get toxins out the body. I was reading something about mercury fillings and ear problems (probably meaning that since the teeth are close to the ears that mercury might detox out the ears).

Like I said before I have ear problems (some not really fixable at this time) like tinnitus and hearing loss but the flakieness is weird because my ears tend to be on the oily side I guess. I did put some coconut oil on them last night. But yeah, I had the “moisture” when I woke up. I do notice that sometimes if I get up quickly from bed I will have a “sloshy” feeling happening in my head near my ears – so I always thought I still had “fluid” in there somewhere. I still think it isn’t completley “dry” in there. Of course, I have many ENT and audiologists look in there and see nothing. But I got some wacked out ears!

Where was/is your flakiness? Mine is either inside the ear “hole” but near the outer area of the ear or in that crevice right above the hole where is it difficult to get at.

My pleasure to help with the “raw hair” stuff…:) I hope your hair is doing well! On a side note, I am working on making some “raw” hair products and I will be selling them soon once i get that going. I’ll post when they are ready. :)

Yes my flakiness is in the same place, inside the opening… If you use the hydrocortisone cream twice a day, it will go away in a weeks time… Maybe less… I just had a thought, what do you think about baking soda? Since we use it on our scalps and is good for dandruff maybe it would solve the flake in the ear… Hummmmm Any thoughts?

My hair is doing great with baking soda and vinegar… Good luck with your new products, I’ll be happy to see them…

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I have this same thing happen to me about once yearly for the last 3 years. First I have watery discharge from my eat that doesn’t hurt. Then I get flakiness right inside the eat hole that itches and drives me insane. I don’t ever have any pain. My doctor told me it was a fungus and Rx a cortizone cream. Once I think I put too many QTips in my eat and it turned into a bad infection in each ear. Even when it was afull blown infection it never hurt but I had a ugly discharge.

I am actually dealing with it for the second time on my own. I am still at the itchy fungi stage. I didn’t start with any watery discharge this time. I took 2 tablespoons of olive oil and put 3 – 4 drops of grapefruit seed extract in it. This stuff is so powerful and versatile. My right ear is almost back to normal and my left ear has improved some too. I put it on a Qtip and rub in around the earhole and slightly inside the hole at least 3 times daily.

When my daughter in law was pregnant, she had discovered she had this awful rash, so did my son. She sees a very good dermatologist that told her she had a systemic fungus and the only Rx that would knock it out was dangerous for pregnant women. He advised her to buy a gallon of Calamine lotion and plan on slathering it al over during her entire pregnancy. Then he said she could go on the treatment after she delivered but would not be able to nurse during and sometime after the treatment. They live a couple of hours from me and when I saw her she was in bad shape. She was scratching herself until she practically had lesions all over her body. She looked like she had been in a poison ivy patch.

I sent her a bottle of GSE with instruction on how to dilute it make a lotion and to take 15 drops morning and night in OJ. She wouldn’t try it but my son did and his was completely gone in a week. She then tried and the same thing. It never came back either. GSE is an antimicrobal and antifungal. When I was reading about it to determine if it was safe for pregnant women, I discovered it would kill over 800 different type of infectious/fungi maladies. It is also non-toxic and there are no reports that it is adverse to pregnancies. The only thing you hae to watch with it is that it is very, very powerful and if you apply it topically you have to dilute it. If you put it directly on delicate tissue or mucous membranes, it will blister your skin and make it painfully numb for a brief period.

thanks waterbaby12347 and Meditating!

this is interesting. A fungus eh? Could it be candida related then? I have had several different types of candida related skin conditions. First was near my bikini line and I used tea tree oil to get rid of it. It didn’t really itch but it was ugly and rashlike looking. It showed up when I shaved there – I just shaved there a week or so ago too and I have a few little spots – nothing as bad as I had the first time I got it but still a tiny bit.

Secondly, I tend to get tinea versicolor which is basically yeast on your skin – mine shows up when I try to tan (i am pale) and I get white spots for those areas that don’t tan. I have to tan up again this summer to see if it is still around. I tried to get rid of it with a sulfur rich mud but I don’t think it worked. Guess I will know when I get really tan again!

waterbaby12347 – Hmmm, not so sure about the baking soda. In my opinion, baking soda doesn’t really get rid of dandruff – the baking soda works very similar to shampoo so that is why it gets rid of the flakey for some people. I have used the baking soda a few times on my hair and it was just too drying for me – I actually had some flakies when using it – it dried my scalp out. My scalp likes the water only method. :) I would think that if it is a fungus than I don’t know if baking soda will help – but we had that thread on baking soda working on internal candida which was interesting – so if it is a candida fungus than maybe it might help. Couldn’t hurt to try. :)

For me, I am nervous about putting certain things near my ears because of my hearing loss (one of the additional reasons I gave up shampoo too – I worry about those chemicals getting in my ears).

Mediating – That is really interesting! So, the grapefruit seed extract is an antifungal than? I think I have heard some things about it but I don’t have all the info. Would you happen to know if it is a stronger antifungal than tea tree oil? I know if I put the tea tree oil stuff on straight (not diluted) on my skin I get like a burn. I usually buy the diluted stuff which works pretty well (it got rid of my fungal bikini line rash before). Do you use it internally your self too?

Because of my several different fungus related skin conditions, I have done a lot of reading up and gotten some advice in the past from other rawies and I am thinking it is like what you said – systemic fungus; probably candida that I still have internally getting out through my skin in different ways. I am not pregnant so I don’t have to worry about that.

Do you have a brand of GSE that you would recommend? (a super pure brand with no chemicals or added preservatives preferably) If it really fights it internally too than I would be interested in taking it internally also. I do have tea tree oil now – I am wondering if I could use that on my ears too.

It is really interesting to me that in the past several years that I have been into raw – how many things (illnesses and conditions) I am finding that are caused by candida – it is really mind blowing. It really applies to me too because i am just recently really kicking my cooked bread habit and I am pretty sure I have some level of the systemic candida in me. :)

thanks for all the interesting advice! I am definately looking into the GSE!

QUEEN - I have no idea if it is candida but I don’t think mine was. Unlike most women, when I have candida overgrowth, I can tell it in my mouth. I get tiny bumps around the inside of my mouth and then there is the anal itching. However, if you have a yeast infection take 15 drops of GSE (its very bitter and I mix it with water but many people mix it with OJ because you supposedly don’t or can’t taste it) in liquid morning and evening. I have never had anyone who did this tell me that it didn’t work. Read up on the stuff, it is amazing. I probably spent 6 total hours reading it about when my daughter in law was pregnant. I wanted to be sure it would not hurt the baby. I was amazed at how versatile it was. I discovered it could be used for almost anything, including cleaning your kitchen counters and bathroom.

When I was in college, I had a good friend who had a yeast infection every few weeks, which she passed along to her partner. She was complaining about the price of the Rx she and her BF had to take every months. I told her about GSE and they both did. Many people take it rather regularly. Anyway, she and her BF took it a few times weekly thereafter and never had it again.

I have a big bottle of it just purchased a small bottle too. I keep a small bag in my suitcase with all the personal items I might need for a trip. By keeping all these items in there, I don’t worry I will leave without packing something I need. I just put in there because I don’t want to get anywhere and need it and not have it. If you don’t know where a real health store is you may not be able to find it.

By the way, GSE will get rid of dandruff too. Many Uses for GSE

WATERBABY - after my ears healed up each time I would rub a little coconut oil/butter in them too and it kept them in good shape until I got lazy and stopped.

Mediating~ I too get lazy with the applications…. Must say I have really enjoyed receiving all the GSE info… Is it the same as grapefruit seed oil???

No it is grapefruit seed extract, but I suppose some companies could call it oil, although I would think that meant it was added to an oil. I learned about it after doing some research 7 years ago when I had candida in my mouth. I was going to school and went to get a smoothie at the GNC kind of health food store. I told the guy I had a yeast infection in my mouth and he sold me these pills called Yeast Cleanse, which I think was made by Solar Ray. Anyway, they contain caprillic acid (sp) which is made from – grapefruit seeds. I decided to read about that and then I learned about GSE. I do think it is one of the most wonderous products out there.

Meditating~ Can you provide what the label reads on both front and back???

WATERBABY - Here is a link for NutriBiotic GSE, which is the brand that I have purchased.