Darn Crepes!

Ok, so last night I made the banana crepes on this site-5 bananas. They’ve been dehydrating for 24 hours and I still can’t pull them from the sheet. Should I have used coconut oil-would that even work, or become soaked into the bananas anyway? So, now do I allow them to dehydrate overnight and possible be ruined and crisp in the morning or what? Argh, I wish dehydrators had timers!!Thanks so much if anyone has insight!

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Which recipe are you using? Maybe add flax to the batter to it stays together better. I think the coconut oil is a great idea! I may have to try that on my crepes. The teflex sheets work better than the parchment paper for crepes, btw. Your not making banana chips! hehe… don’t dry them overnight. Keep trying. I make mine at 145F… so, I haven’t tried lower than 118F to see what happens.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Try using clingfilm on the trays, it just peels off really easily. If you over dehydrate them – no worries- just spray or pour a little water over them, allow it to soak in and they’ll be perfect, I do that all the time ;)

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

Ah! Thanks for the advice-I posted the ? last night and only now got the response, so I left them in all night, they’re a little dry on the dges but otherwise delicious. You know, I wonder about cling wrap, seems easy, however I am a little weary of plastics “leeching” in food. Been a lot of news on the water bottles n such lately, maybe I’m a nut!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I’m 100% raw, and it has got me in such great shape I think I could drink cyanide and my body would just deal with it lol!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Yay, Zoe – I think that’s the healthiest response to the plastic/toxicity question I have ever read/heard! You made my day :)