Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Bowel movements

2»

Comments

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

Good luck Lobo- colonics are awesome!

I went vegan/raw in attempts to cure my IBS (and its worked!). I agree with everyone else- softer, greener and more often. I never knew it wasn't normal to go every other day until i started reading about health. I think bm's are a topic they need to discuss in health class- what comes out is a sign of the health of the individual- seems pretty important to talk about. thanks for posting the poo thread!

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

Thanks troubles!

I used to be the same way when I ate SAD. I wouldnt go number two for weeks and that is so not healthy. I personally have never tried laxatives but my mom has and i know she has had a few -ahem- weird type experiences with them.

Michal

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I also cured my IBS and proctitis on a raw diet. It's the only thing that has ever helped! After 19 years of being constipated all the time, it feels so good to be medicine/laxative free.

• I was constipated until I started getting regular colonics. Now I'm not having any trouble. I am 100% Raw so, yes it's green, yes it's soft, TMI!:)

Nicole

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

being hydrated should help, whether you're drinking green tea or water.

• A few ideas to keep things moving:

1) Smooth Move or other herbal laxative (these shouldn't cause cramps but if you are super constipated it might); detox teas usually have something that may help too; you may need to have the tea a few times

2) massage along your stomach below your bellybutton from your right side to your left

3) drink some aloe (buy the kind for drinking, not the kind for your skin!) they have flavored which tastes better (I bought mine at Walmart). This will soften the fecal material

4) do a castor oil pack. Do NOT drink the castor oil. Pour it on a flannel cloth (you can buy cloth specifically for this), put it on your abdomen (more the right side), wrap yourself in plastic wrap (or at least cover the area) and put a heating pad on the area for 30 to 60 minutes. Use a mix of baking soda and water to remove the oil from your skin. This can get some nasty old material out of there. It seeps through the skin and softens the fecal material from the walls of the intestines (and promotes digestive and liver function!)

5) enema

6) colonic

Hope this helps those with constipation!

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

When I first went raw I noticed a huge difference. Something I haven't noticed mentioned yet is the fact that it can be more frequent YES, but less in volume. This was my case but its due to the type of food your now processing. There can be less volume because your body is actually now getting used to absorbing the calories as clean energy rather than calories containing toxins (which get stored in your fat) or chemicals. The body has made the change from eating garbage to literally eating for survival so it utilizes all of the calories as actual 'energy'. That equals less waste.

Cheers!

• There is probably more fiber in almost all the raw foods you are eating. Some fibers are not digested, but instead come out in waste. Drinking water is necessary to keep these moving out of the body. They are good because the take toxins out with them, so they do not infect the body as easily. I would say it is probably uncomfortable at the beginning, but continue the diet, drink lots of water. While fiber is good, you can get too much, so much that not only toxins are eliminated but also vitamins. You may be able to find the answers about nutrittion at the following website.

http://www.csun.edu/science/health/nutrition/nutrition.html

• I started eating 80/10/10 and I had 7 the other day! :D

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

so i'm wondering if non digestible fibers are actually really good for you(i've never looked it up i have no idea. my last bm seems to have taken some more parasite looking things with it. I ate stone cut irish oats last night soaked in hazelnut milk, dates, and almonds, and ate a collard leaf by itself (bitter, but i chewed, and tried not to think about it. we were a tad bit low on food, so this was really all i could come up with. today i had my normal coffee, an orange, 2 bananas, 2 lara bars and a glass of water. it's been random when my body has decided it is cleaning house. usually it lasts for 4-6 hours, and then it resumes normal-ness. my stomach starts to make me think i'm getting sick, but it only last for around 15-20 minutes, then i'm ok again. about a half hour after that, my bm comes. I can tell there is more going on in my stomach then just digestion. i also feel pretty bloated during the process. also when my bm came out it stank. and they are urgent as well, which is different both clues something is getting cleaned out. i know i know... tmi. well this is a thread about bmss! eek. strange. anybody ever try the wormwood/black walnut/clove remedy? i'm pretty sure i'm going to. I wonder what the difference is between that, and using oil of oregano.

good foods for easier flow

bananas

parsnips

greens

from my experience.

We didn't have bananas for about 3 days, and i didn't have a bm for about 3 days.

namaste

• Luxdivon- grains and nuts can keep you from having regular bms.

Also, I'd recommend learning about food combining and transit times. For instance, sweet fruits should never be combined with fats (as Larabars often do). Sweet fruits should be eaten on an empty stomach, melons first, and usually take about 30 minutes to go through your system. The only exception is bananas, which take 45 minutes.