I am happy!

have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

WHEEE!! I went to the store and they actually had coconuts! AND I saw no sign of mold…so I bought one. And I opened it and all was well!! YAY! You have no idea how much I love coconuts, we never have them here (small stores), and they are moldy when we do :(. but not today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It isn’t a young coconut. As if. I know people say those are better, I wouldn’t know. What I do know is that this is absolutely brilliant and wonderful. I think I might cry! Seriously! I am the happiest person alive right now.

I also got a miniature food processor. It was cheapie, but it works great. I am thrilled! I am thrilled to the brim! :D Wow, yay. haha. :) :D

Did I say Wheee!!! enough yet? WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :D!

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Yayyyyyyyy for you!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Happy for you, enjoy!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I am happy, too! I thought I had to wait 2 or 3 months to get fresh food from my garden, & that I’m not going to get much fruit cuz I didn’t plant cantaloupe, just watermelons and 3 little strawberry plants. Then I realized that I could juice rhubarb, blend our little grapes in the vitamix so the seeds will be crushed, eat grape leaves, make green smoothies with carrot tops & beet greens when we thin the plants, etc. etc. etc…. I now have a rhubarb cheesecake in the freezer for tomorrow, which I plan to top with strawberry sauce. Yay!!!!!!!!! (Oh, and I got the ideas by reading posts from various people on here – THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!)

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Yay angie!

We have wild grapes, and even if the animals eat all the grapes we have the leaves to stuff, and eat. But yes, beet and radish greens, beyond my love for beets, that was another reason I planted them! I love stuff like that. I also add strawberry and raspberry leaves to my salad. And of course dry some for tea. We also have wild plum trees, but the fruit got infested this year. It turned into something resembling a pawpaw, and then dried and turned brown :(. I think I can mix soap and oil to spray them with at the end of the year. Poor little babies. They are so pretty. Especially with the wild grapes draped over them.

I felt SO refreshed after the coconut. AND it tastes gooooooooood(I’ve always loved them, It’s amazing they are so healthy). I don’t see how ANYONE could be atheist right now! :D! I wish I had gotten another coconut, but I didn’t want to waste money if it was moldy. I’m just pleased for this one.

I STILL haven’t planted my chamomile this year, I keep forgetting since it frosted in late april and got really cold in early may! That was ridiculous. So I need to do that today and plant some more beets and radishes because the others will be ready to harvest soon. I should have been planting a row a week so every week I’d have some ready. Oh well. I am a blabbermouth, but I am so immensely happy!

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

It’s kind of funny, I started out eating simply, and now I’m experimenting in the “transitional” foods area. I still want to eat simply though. Just something a bit more elaborate once in a while(For the sake of it). I suppose it’s good as well incase my friends/family come around and don’t want just a grapefruit or salad.

• have_mersey – I kind of go by the eat simply way, but my bf likes the more complicated “transitional” recipes. It’s a challenge in our house finding a balance of the two that will keep everyone happy. If he had his way, every one of our meals would take over a day, and lots of dehydration to make!

Congrats on your coconut. I am craving one so bad right now, I can actually smell one.