Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Almost raw =)

Hello everyone! Ive switched from vegan to raw about two weeks now. Is kinda hard to find good raw peanuts and cashews where I live so I make a rice with oats (Only water, no oils or salt.) so I can get my daily amount of proteins. Is there anything I can do to obtain the necesary amount of proteins without the oats and the rice? I want really to become 100% raw =) Thanks!

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

try buying raw buckwheat and sprout it if you are still craving grains. or sprout some quinoa. but honestly, you can get all your amino acids in veggies and fruits. but it might take you a while to get there.

• I always get this question about where I get my protein from. PROTEIN IS EVERYWHERE! How would a cow get to be so large and strong if grass wasn’t full of protein?

So how should you get protein? Vegetables, sprouted beans, sprouted grains, sprouted lentils. Beans/lentils are especially cheap and easy to find, and are chock full of protein. So get to sprouting!

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Spinach actually has a lot of protein in it. 45 percent of its calories are protein. :)

• Hello The thing is I eat almost pure fruits because…hehehe I dont really like vegetables…I know, Im a weird vegan… And I had a bad experience with sprouting…I dont like them xD Basically Im a fruitarian, but I want to quit rice. So I guess that I should put some green veggies like spinach and something like carrot in a blender and make a smoothie? Thank you for your help! Didnt know spinach was a good source of protein! =P

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

try fruit and spinach in a green smoothie. spinach has a light flavor so you will probably think it’s ok. some over-rip frozen bananas or mango will mask the flavor.

• green girlgreen girl Raw Newbie

I would recommend adding a green smoothie to your daily diet. If you vary your greens everyday, you get plenty of amino acids which make up proteins.

Here are some links and info on green smoothies. http://www.emaxhealth.com/14/1182.html http://www.eatsprouts.com/blend/green.html

My favourite recipes are:

• Thank you green girl. Ill try this week those recipes and see If I can quit my rice and oats. I dont think is not going to be that difficult, actually the rice without salt and just rolled oats is not that tasty ^^ Thank you all of you for helping me to become 100% raw! =)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i don’t think it’s super important to eat veggies, but you HAVE to eat greens on this diet or you will experience some negative feedback from your body. greens are going to be your new “starch” and fiber AND protein. so green smoothies would be a great idea for you, agreed green girl.

• I think you are right Pianissima and thank you! Ok, Ive tryed several raw veggies and I dont like them, but I think I can eat green leaves if I put them on smoothies. Now, can you tell me what green leaves are a staple in out diet? Today I throw away the rice that was already cooked and now I need to figure it out what to do with the uncooked one =P Today Im going to market and Im buying chard, spinach, parsley and lettuce. I`ve never seen kale where I live(Latinamerica). Thank you for your support guys I really appreciate this!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

that looks like a good grocery list to me. also, cilantro is wonderful in smoothies, esp. ones with pineapple. parsley is loaded with nutrients as well.

• Allaneor check out this website I think it will help you in how to combine food http://www.sunfood.net/salad-prep.html

have fun and enjoy your new journey :)

• Thank you to you all!!! :D This is great. I have my greens in the fridge now and Ill make a smoothie for dinner and see how it goes. I remember that I only tryed a smoothie once, it was carrots with orange, and it wasnt super great but I liked it. So Ill try today papaya with a little bit…spinach perhaps? =) Thanks again for the help Pianissima and Majomi!

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

My favorite is to take a bit of water, flax seeds, romaine lettuce and spinach, half fresh strawberries, and half frozen, a Nice ripe banana, handful of blueberries, and if it needs to be a bit sweeter, I add some raw honey, or agave nectar.