raw corn

for those that eat it, how do you prepare? Looking for ideas…

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I love just cutting corn off the cob and salting it and eating it straight. But you can make corn chips, hust by blending corn to a cream and dehydrating to chips. People say to add flax seeds, but lt me tell you it’s not that great. Add spices, etc. Or you could make the corn tortilla recipe in Raw Food Real World. It’s basically flax seeds and corn blending with some spices (sorry I don’t remember which ones, but you can experiment) and salt, lime juice and make the avocado corn guacamole, made of corn, avocado, and tomato.

I also love making corn chowder. Blend some corn to a cream, and stir in some whole corn. Soak some dehydrated shiitake mushrooms (caps, these mushrooms are the best in this recipe) in water for 15 minutes or so and mix those in. You can also stir in some of the mushroom soak water into the corn chowder for extra flavor and a more liquid soup. I don’t like raw soups, but this one really got me.

• I smear it with avocado and sprinkle a little sea salt and eat it whole. Delicious!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I like to make corn salads. Cut the corn off… mix in chopped tomatoes, peppers, green onion, cilantro, avo, sprouts, and then make a little dressing of lemon juice with a touch of olive oil and toss it all up.

• I like using raw corn to make a chowder soup. Ani Phyo has an excellent recipe!