Flaxseed

Hi all, I am new to raw and i am about to make my first onion bread :-) In the recipe, the flaxseed is said to be ground. But I read that flaxseed should be soaked, but after soaking, the seeds will be in jelly water, do I need to drain/ rinse the seeds out of the jelly water? How can I ground it if it is not dry? I am confused!! please help! Thanks!!

Comments

• Thanks Zoe! I will try it out. Hester

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi Kevyn, I don’t know how long it dries for, it depends on the weather! Just keep checking it and flip it when the top surface is dry. I do it about 1 1/2 cm thick. You can’t over dry it, so don’t worry about leaving it running for ages and ages. It’s really good with the cheese on my profile and chriscarlton’s grilled steak recipe on top.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Just grind it dry, when it gets damp because of the liquids and moisture in the other ingredients it will bind everything together.

Some recipes call for it to be ground and used as a powder, others require it to be soaked and used whole. If they are ground they don’t get stuck in your teeth – a bonus!!

Chris and I do something all together different, just to confuse you!! We put the flax with some water in the blender and make flax batter, and then mix it with vegetables. Or just dehydrate with a little sal on its own to make the best ever “not” potato chips/crisps!

• ZanzibarrrZanzibarrr Raw Newbie

ah ah! more tips!.. :) Zoe, I m making “your” bread, how long shall put it in the excalibur? 8 hours ? (should I then make thin layers?) thank you! Kevyn