question!! traveling.

I am going to China for a month followed by a month I will be spending in Thailand. Will it be hard to do raw foodism there? I heard not to eat raw veggies in other countries. But I know if I go there and eat un raw food it will mess up my whole trip because I havent eaten ANYTHING cooked in like 7months and I dont want to be sick while Im there. Any advice?

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Hi Arianna. I have been to China for a month before. I was in a group sitation so I had less flexibility than you might. I was vegan but not raw vegan. We ate the raw fruits a lot. We just washed and peeled them. I usually ate just fruit and an energy bar for breakfast. Then I did eat white rice and cooked veggies for lunch and dinner. I am not sure if you will be sick from that but better sick from cooked veggies than from raw stuff with bacteria or something icky.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Hey arianna, Thailand should be a mecca for young coconuts and fruit, which should be fine. I was there before I was raw and the coconuts were everywhere – just hacked open with a straw stuck in them. Any fruit with the peel on is a good bet. I got food poisoning while I was there from seafood crepes so the danger is not always from raw food. I haven’t been to China but I went to Egypt after I had been raw for 4 months and I found it necessary to eat the occasional cooked foods – mostly rice and veggies. I never felt bad and went right back to raw when I got home.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

Thailand. Raw. Easy. Done. Perfect. You will be fine! I lived there for a school for a while, and I was basically a raw foodie without even realizing it…and about the not eating raw food in other countries? Just use your common sense! If there are flies swarming around the pile of browning pineapple slices, it is probably not wise to eat it…!