Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Desserts! Can you really have too many?

I am new to raw-food, but not new to veganism. I was relatively healthy, cooked person and I know what I need to put in my body to keep it healthy. Recently, I stumbled across Ami Phyo on the internet, I went out and bought her uncook book immediatley! I have found that the recipes I enjoy the most, are of course, the desserts! Now, I find that eat some part of the desserts I have prepared, at least, once a day. Is this wrong? I am still eating fruits and veggies in droves, but those desserts are awesome. The most dangerous part, is that I leave them in the fridge on the top shelf, everytime I open the fridge, the smell of raw cacao hits me. I have to grab a fork, which of course is within reaching distance, and with one foot to prop the fridge door open, I indulge myself in just one more bite of my raw chocolate cake! Please help, I am going to be the world’s first overweight raw-vegan?

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I eat “dessert” all the time! I had someone once say something about my eating pie for lunch, and I told her that she wouldn’t say anything if I ate a bowl of fruit & nuts, so why should it matter if I blend it up and call it a shake or a pie, etc.?

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

It’s just a great way to eat fruit.

www.rawlifestyle.co.uk

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i go through phases of more dessert, less dessert. it’s ok. raw cacao is great!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

When I was transitioning I ate just desserts for a few months. Didn’t do me any harm, in fact it did me a heck of a lot of good!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i can’t tell you how many slices of “raw food, real world” chocolate ganache i had in the first few months of raw. i was losing weight and felt better than ever. if i did that now i wouldn’t sleep for days from the caffeine. enjoy it while it lasts! =)

• I agree with pianissima. After eating gourmet raw food for a while, I find that eating simply is truly the best! Here’s a dessert I recently indulged in. I call it Sweet Peaches. To prepare, simply slice three peaches in eighths and arrange beautifully in a bowl. Serve immediately! Enjoy!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

You can definitely have too much sugar and fruit, in my experience. I eat mostly raw, but I’ll take brown rice and steamed veg over a raw triple fudge brownie any day! too much of anything is potentially detrimental, and i believe that since most of us are not constantly active like we would be in a truly natural state, it makes sense to make some compromises in order to maintain blood sugar levels.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have type 1 diabetes, and eating all the fruit, agave, etc. that I want, my blood sugar levels are normal with only 1/3 the amount of insulin that I need when getting the same amount of carbs but eating cooked rice & veggies – I guess it goes to show – again – that we’re all different :)

• I believe in listening to your body – it will tell you if you are eating what it needs – you just need to pay attention.