Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

B12, Come and Get It!

chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Wow, Check this out…

Quoted from another Forum!

“I am past the point of being disgusted by know-it-all vegetarian and vegan nutritionists and dieticians who believe that one must take artificial supplements derived from cow intestines, containing Vitamin B-12 in order to maintain good health. The fact that vegans have B-12 in their bloodstreams is evidence enough that we’re somehow obtaining it.

Low dose, high dose, it really doesn’t matter. Fact is that we need just a few micrograms of B-12, and a five-year supply is stored in the average human liver. That fact alone negates the scare tactics of those who criticize the pure vegan diet, or dispense supplements as a part of their self-sustaining practices.

Vegan blood contains some B-12. In that, there is no debate. Vegan semen and vaginal secretions contain many times more Vitamin B-12 than does human blood. The solution? Make love. Enjoy oral sex. The ingestion of sexual body secretions from your lover will insure good health for you. In addition to the usual frogs, snails, and puppy dogs tails, what are little boys made of?

What exactly is in semen? Ten percent of semen consists of sperm cells, up to 500 million per ejaculate. It takes only one sperm cell to fertilize an egg. I often wonder why the other 499,999 are necessary. What constitutes the other 90% of semen? In addition to enormous amounts of vitamins, enzymes, and amino acids, semen contains up to 20 times the level of Vitamin B-12 as does human blood serum.

Vaginal fluids contain a similar makeup, rich in B-12. Scientists knew this nearly 20 years ago, but had no socially-tactful way to transmit this information to the lay person. (Yeah, I know, you love my use of the English language).

As early as March of 1984, Carmel Bernstein and a team of investigators published evidence in the Journal of Clinical Investigations (73;3, Vitamin B-12 in human seminal plasma) revealing that blood has one-tenth the amount of B-12 as does male semen. Eight years later, the Scandanavian Journal of Clinical Laboratory Investigations (Hansen, 1992 Nov;52(7):647-52) determined that B-12 levels in human semen run as high as 20 times that of blood.”

How’s that for good news?

Comments

• well, frankly , i’m disgusted…you should be ashamed of yourself…i thought more of you, chris

hahahaha :o)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

OK! For those who are abstinent right now I noticed kombucha has 20% RDA of B-12. Yeah bacteria!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Absolutely Brilliant ElBo,

Now that we are both over here on the ‘calmer forum’ why don’t you tell us where you found this article originally. (I stole it from a thread started by ElBo on GI2MR.) It is the best News I have heard in 5 years! Thanks Dude!

I just can’t wait ‘till the next person asks me… “Ah, well what about B12?”

Lovebows, Chris

• “the calmer forum”....wow, aint that the truth

going there when this forum is off-line is like when your marijuana dealer goes to jail and in desperation you get in with the cocaine crowd….just listening to bill hicks so please excuse the style of metaphor…..i’ve made some great new chums over there, but getting involved in some of the recent threads has left my head spinning….the antidote – listening to bill hicks and remember that others know very well to channel their frustrations into comedy

ANYWAY

i’ve removed all association with 80/10/10 from my profile page there, because people just see you as a disciple, their eyes glaze over and, from that point on, they cannot ‘hear’ anything you say… :o)

it’s the reason i didn’t bother to name my source…but since you asked…it was posted ny an 811 guy named harley in response to a b12 question on vegsource…they aren’t harleys words, he found and quoted them from the internet…

very interestingly, harley had a recent b12 test that showed his levels of b12 have quadrupled since 811…i used to think it was all the foraging he did…now i know otherwise…sly son-of-a-gun >>> :o)

here’s a link to the q & a

http://www.vegsource.com/talk/raw/messages/9995…

love the title to the thread…”cream” :o)

peace

• “It is the best News I have heard in 5 years!”

that’s just too funny…though i am curious what news you received 5 years ago that could possibly have been better

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

this is hilarious, the word needs to get out!!

• thank you for posting this!! i know i am now going to smile every time I get the infamous, “where do you get your b12 from?”!!!! ;o)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I am NOT showing this article to my bf! :)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

‘what news you received 5 years ago that could possibly have been better’

i bet chris discovered raw food 5 yrs ago!

haha queenfluff, same here.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Chris,

I don’t think those who would follow your advice could properly be identified as vegans.

Vegan – a vegetarian who omits all animal products from the diet.

• Wow…..

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I think it’s time we all got busy…between the sheets!

MAMAMILK – Thank you for your post. I do not have a personal definition of vegan and the definition I posted came from the dictionary. I didn’t post it to use as a means to judge others but only to clarify the conventional definition of vegan.

While most people use the term as it pertains to diet, others believe it is only applicable to those who avoid any use of animal products. I have always heard of those who choose to ingest animal byproducts as modified vegetarians, such as lacto or ovo. I would be surprised to learn that any significant number of people call themselves vegans when they consume animal products for dietary purposes.

I never hinted there was anything illegitimate about the original proposition in this thread. I merely pointed out that doing so for dietary purposes was a violation of the conventional definition of veganism. Personally, I could care less if someone gets their B12 from a supplement, a steak, or human genital secretions.

My post was intended as a satirical comment on those who are preachy and judgmental about the requirement to be 100% anything, be it raw or vegan. I am sorry you missed my point because your link indicates we are on different chapters of the same book. Many of those advocating strict adherence to 100% dietary guidelines see it as a religion which shall never be questioned and that affords them moral superiority and life in a state of grace. This fact is regularly noticed, and endured, on this forum by many with the possible exception of the perpetrators. Fortunately, this is not true of everyone advocating that position and some are motivated solely on educating the public. They are respectful of others and do not try to make them feel inadequate. But for those who refuse this approach, it is painful to watch members respond to their sermons with heartfelt inadequacy and the need to confess an inability to comply with the Word.

I do appreciate your analogies but I would respectfully disagree with them. Veganism is unique to human animals because it is predicated on choice. I believe sheep, horses, and like animals are properly categorized as vegetarians and not vegans. A breastfed child, while eating the most wholesome and natural food available, is still eating an animal product for dietary purposes even if they are without choice in the matter. Choice allows that breastfed child to grow up and become a vegan. Therefore, being breastfed is not a permanent bar from veganism anymore than eating meat once upon a time.

Choice in this case includes intent. While intentional ingestion of animal products is prohibited, would you still be a vegan if you unintentionally ate an animal product? I would think so. Not thinking about that incidental dose of B12 may be vegan kosher if motivated solely by sexual contact. See, every true religion requires an escape hatch. It’s they only way they can keep their membership up while perceiving their hypocracy down. That is just another absurdity of these 100% rule.

MAMAMILK – I am glad you did get my point although I thought you did not. I agree with you on questioning everything. I particularly like to question those things where I am revolted by the questions. I like to think I am open with most topics (except when discrimination is used to oppress others and spread hatred – that presses all my buttons). Asking questions is just part of constantly educating yourself. If you don’t, what is the purpose of having a mind?

When I was in undergraduate school, I took a course where I had to write a position paper and chose Megan’s Law, which is the law requiring sex offenders to register. I had been a victims’ advocate for many years, worked primarily with abused women and children and many of my cases involved sexual abuse. I thought this law was fabulous and long overdue. When I finished my research, I wrote the paper on why it was a bad law (actually it is a placebo substituted for addressing the real problem) and should be abolished. There is evidence that it actually increases incidents of sexual violence under certain circumstances. I really struggled with supporting that conclusion because although a thoughtful analysis took me in that direction it still deviated far from mainstream beliefs. I spent lots of time thinking about the issues involved long after the paper was finished. Today, I have learned that it is a topic you can’t approach with most people. Their reactions are quick, solid and often verbally violent. Most are unwilling to listen to any voice from across that aisle. The whole experience woke me up to the constant need for questions.

Never underestimate the coercion of culture or peer pressure. They are extremely powerful and it is hard for people to think around them. Your “out of the box while remaining inside the outside of the box” comment hits it on the head. It is like wearing a yoke.

• I have a question, now if your partner is not vegetarian, vegan or even raw…... Would that be okay to have oral sex? What I mean is, if he/she eats animal flesh and you have oral sex, are you getting bad benefits from the semen that goes into your body?

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Haha, this might be one of the most entertaining posts I’ve read all day!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Get B12 from algae! or brewer’s yeast (not raw) Wow, I didn’t know artificial B12 supplements come from cow intestines. That’s disgusting. Thanks for passing that info along.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Wow…... Think….. Think….. Think.

Um, I believe solomon did talk about this however, in Song of Solomon…that whole book is basically a love poem. IF you know Jewish imagery, many have concluded that he is talking about oral sex.

ANYHOW

There IS other sources….

1. unwashed produce (may contain parasites so better to wash if you can anyway) 2. Bee pollen 3. fresh or dried wheat grass juice. The fresh has more B12 than dried does. 3. Dr. Schulze uses his special raw nutritional yeast…I believe he makes it himself in such a way, its like activated, organic….a very good form of B12 which leads me to #4… 4. Dr. Schulze’s Super food powder. Who else takes that here?? It has his nutritional years in it as well as wheat grass juice, barley, beet, spinach, rose hips, tons of things….gives ya a lot more energy (as if thats needed anyway he he). 5. Algae….one starts with an S but I forget what it is called. As I read (I think we study too much here), it has lots of B12 but it also has things that inhibit the absorption of B12…. Oh well. If I had money, I would take it anyway, its good for you.

Thats all I can think of for now…

Most of those things I mentioned has much more protein and things like that, than beef, So, take you green powders and your bee pollen! I need to buy more bee pollen, I am out.