Master Cleanse Question

I read that the reason for the maple syrup is something about keeping electrolytes balanced and proper nutrition and not spiking blood sugar levels. I know agave does not spike blood sugar levels. Does it have the proper nutrition to keep me going on the Master Cleanse if I decide to substitute agave for the maple syrup in the recipe?

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

From what I have read it does, but I am no expert. Someone posted a nutrition table once comparing the two anf they seemed close, One may have a little more of this and a little less of some else. The agave does a superior job of maintaining blood glucose levels, although I think it is honey you have to watch on that one.

Many people have reported using agave as a substitute without incident; however, if you are wanting to do so because you think agave is raw, I understand it isn’t. Just because it says raw on the product description doesn’t means it is raw in the way a raw foodist would use the word.

• Thanks for the response Meditating! :-)

• Hi wanna_B_raw

Good luck in your cleanse!

I’ve switched up Agave and Maple Syrup during a cleanse. From what I have read, Agave provides just as much nutritional content as the Maple Syrup. Neither, however are fully raw (both are processed with a certain amount of heat).

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I am not sure about the agave but I have the yellow MC book and it says specifically not to use honey. I am a vegan so I didn’t read the section on why not to use it but they have a few paragraphs on it. They say not to change the ingredients and amounts so if you can get the maple syrup I would get it. I am using the B grade right now and it is alot thinner than the agave nectar. I wonder if the agave might be too heavy or thick for this? It is supposed to be very liquidy drink.

• I just finished a 21 day cleanse using agave, and it was my best cleanse ever. I just felt so….normal the whole time. Crazy. Next time – 40 days!

• whew. congrats alyssa. thats amazing.