Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Nuts/Seeds question

Hi. I’ve been transitioning to raw for a few weeks. I have read a few books, researched on the internet and tried some new recipes. I’m not 100% yet, but I’m getting there….

Most of the recipes I have found seem pretty nut/seed oriented. Is there anyone that is raw without nuts or seeds? I’m a picky eater and dislike most of them (I like flax in smoothies and on salads), but that’s about it.

Thanks!

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

well most people seem to like them at first to give more substance to meals. but there is no reason to have to eat them if you feel full enough without them. also you can mix them in things so you don’t have to taste just nut. if you search 80/10/10 diet it is pretty much nut free. also there is a nut free search on this site.

• For another forum I just found some information on almond “soak” like a sprout. It seems to change character quite a bit.

Almond Sprouts

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Really raw cashews are available here. Buy em in bulk, for only $10 per pound. Click on the link here

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

In general you can use avocado as a nut substitute in cakes and puddings, and banana in milks, dressings and creams.

But you know, nuts taste a lot different when they are soaked. Check out The Dead Food List to make sure the nuts you eat really are raw.

• Thanks for all the help! I will try to soaking to see if I like them better. I also checked out the nut free recipes and I will be trying some of those as well.

• Hi, I have substituted avocado like zoe suggests, as well as young coconut and zuchinni for many nut recipes, nuts tend to make me feel bloaty lol.

• That sounds like a good idea! I love avacado and zucchini. I haven’t had luck finding young coconut around here, though….