Advice for a salad dressing

I want to make a carrot-coconut based salad, but I’m not sure if there could be a special dressing that goes well for it? Any idea?

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

hmm…no ideas really depends on what you like i guess. it sounds very sweet so something tart like vinegar would be yummy. maybe ginger too.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I was thinking lime and maybe basil…

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

It’s hard for me to think of a dressing for a coconut salad. I don’t normally put coconut in my salad since i don’t buy them regularly. When i do, i make a thai curry noodle dish with them… or raw almond joy’s. I have made a salad out of a red pepper and just added a little sesame oil to it. What if you took a red pepper and added a little bit of the coconut to it and added some pineapple? Maybe a Hawaiian dressing? Keep it simple! When i think of Coconut i think of Hawaii or Tahiti… Mango might be good to… just ideas :)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Today I made a yummy one that sounds good with that type of salad: 3/4 c. olive oil, 1/3 c. raw apple cider vinegar, 1/3 c. water, 1 Tbsp. mustard powder, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds, 2 tsp. dill.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

wow! thank you everybody! I didn’t know what to make and now I don’t know what to choose!! :))

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Finally i used an olive oil based dressing with fenugreek & mustard seed (ground of course!). I wanted some basil but didn’ find any when shopping. It came out delicious, here it goes:

1 part coconut, grated

1 part carrots, grated

1 part cauliflower, ground

Mix everything with the dressing and let it marinate while you do the next:

wash and chop some lettuce or other green for a lettuce bed

wash and deseed some grapes for toping

cut some avocado for toping (not too big pieces not too small)

In a plate: put a bed of greens/letuce, put the marinated salad, and garnish with avocado and grapes, and Enjoy!!

I have thought that it can be used for a wrapa or as “rice” for sushi.