Beeswax

I was wondering what others thoughts are on Beeswax and Bee Products like honey? I have avoided them since I’ve been vegan over a decade now, but I was just wondering how others feel about these. Do you avoid them? Do you use them?

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I’m also vegan so I avoid them. I think it’s an interesting question, since some seek out raw vegan for purely health reasons, but the label “vegan” tends to be an ethical thing.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I consume honey collected from a local beekeeper. His hives are only 100 yards from my house and he’s totally ethical! I see no problem with this type of use, but then I’m not a vegan.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I’m with Carmentina – except for the 100 yards from my house part – but within a few miles, & an ethical beekeeper, and I’m not vegan if that definition includes no bee products – it seems to depend who you talk to, though, because Gabriel Cousens defines a vegan diet the way I have always thought of it – no eggs, dairy or flesh. I eat raw plant foods because that’s what makes me feel best. I use a little honey and beeswax, too. They have good uses in my life. :) I’d rather burn beeswax candles than petroleum-based wax ones, for example, and raw honey is a wonderful source of magnesium, as well as raw LOCAL honey providing enzymes that help combat allergies. Bees make me happy :)