Food dehydrator

I already posted this question in another forum but it was in a forum for newbies such as myself. lol Anywayz can anyone recommend a decent food dehydrator? Is there a brand that anyone really likes, im itching to make poemmom’s raw food pizza!

Comments

• Excalibur. I’ve heard nothing but great things about them, and will probably be getting one soon.

• msrawdivamsrawdiva Raw Newbie

you should include how much you are willing to spend.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Try not to get a round one or one with a fan on the top. We did a lot of reasearch and ended up with the excaliber. I only have 4 tray, we don’t dehydrate too much so it works out.

• DreaDrea Raw Master

Has anybody seen this dehydrator on ebay that resembles an excaliber, its a 400w 6 tray, white, with blue pull out shelves. A company called best choice is selling them.

In case anyone wants to look, go to ebay put the numers 150270065252 in the search and it will pop up. The unit sells for $64.99 (much cheaper than other units i’ve seen) , but I’m wondering has anyone tried it yet? Please let me know, because I am tempted to buy one, its a great price!

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I got my excalibur 4 tray dehydrator on e-bay. I found someone selling them with a “best offer” option. So, i ended up spending $90 total (with s/h) and got a free teflex sheet. Check out ebay – they seemed to have the best deals around. Also, check out some of the raw food sites that sell appliances. Sometimes you can get them cheap with 4 free teflex sheets. They’re about $8 each, so it does add up!

Whatever you do, make sure the dehydrator has varying temps – most do not!