Strange weather in Antarctica

amysueamysue Raw Newbie

This article is haunting me: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/todd-carmichael/s… Antarctica isn’t just melting, it’s precipitating…

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I often write stuff about Italy cuz that’s where I’ve been living for 10 years now and cuz I think people might find the different perspective interesting. When my husband was a boy, he always bobsledded on his birthday in November. Now there is never any snow. I’ve only seen it snow a handful of times and it never sticks. My mother-in-law says there was snow on the ground from November to March. The climate has changed drastically and whoever denies it is selling something. Another thing I learnt lately that I found interesting: the Aswan Dam in Egypt has radically changed climate in Europe; the additional water evaporation rides atmospheric currents until it reaches the Alps, where it precipitates or whatever the case releases moisture into the air in the form of humidity. Now apparently the European Union begs Egypt not to build anymore dams along the Nile for fear it will further worsen European climate. I just thought it was interesting to see how global we really are!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Wow! That gave me chills. We were at the Aswan Dam in November and NOBODY mentioned that!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I was in Egypt in April – my amazing guide told me about it.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

His name wasn’t Wael was it?? That would be funny. We loved our guide too.