Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Lunchbox ideas anyone ???

Hello everyone I’m new here…as a raw vegan student im wondering what to take for lunch…fruits ? salad ? something to keep me satiated till evening…I have green smoothies in the morning so dont feel hungry till afternoon…

Comments

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

I’ll usually have a raw soup for lunch, and whatever fruit I’m in the mood for. I’ll always make a big batch of soup, so I have enough on hand for the entire week. I’ll just make my green smoothie in the morning, grab my jar of soup and a couple handful of cherries or something, and go on my merry way.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

almond milk (almonds, water, ice, sweetener, vanilla, chocolate or 1/2 banana optional) take that in a thermos to keep it cool.

use zoe’s cheese with spring onions (on goneraw) to fill:

avocado peach cucumber sushi

collard green wraps with chopped veggies

take pieces of fruit – peaches, melons, brown coconuts, citrus

make coleslaw with asian dressing

zucchini noodles with veggies topped with cashew or alfredo dressing

I keep my food in togoware containers, since they’re waterproof and easy to drag around campus.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

i am usually out and about with my kids, so I make a huge salad and put it in a ziploc baggie, dressing in another baggie, and stick that all in a plastic bag with an ice pack. i bring a cheap plastic bowl and fork and when lunch comes around, i am all set. I usually bring some fruit also. make sure you put either nuts or avos or something in the salad that’s ‘heavier’ or you will get hungry.

if i am home i might make a soup whatever veggies i have in the fridge with water and some cashews, blend it up and drink easy peasy!

of course, if i use a ziploc, i reuse it…but it’s hard for me to use “containers’ to carry my food around because they’re bulky and I have two young kids with me all the time. A large ziploca is great because it’s not bulky.

if anyone has a non-plastic answer for me, i’d love to hear!!

• I usually bring fruit and an avocado. I use a fold up knife you can get in the sporting section of large stores and I always have that in my purse in case I get stuck and must get something to eat. I chose to save the fancy stuff for home. Avacodo is rich enough to keep hunger away all day and the fruit after that make a very satisfying meal. I like a tiny bit of good salt on my avacodo. I know, bad habit, but just cannot resist.

• Thank-you all for your replies :-)))) That was indeed helpful…

Winona I do have a lunchbox which exactly looks like the togoware containers !!!

Heyenglish ! Whats your version of a raw soup ? Since its blended does it remain fresh after a few hours or…

• I make a green smoothie every morning and that keeps me full through until the afternoon A typical lunch for me consists of:

-trail mix(jungle peanuts, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, pecans, raisins)

-veggies(zuchinni or cucmber, carrots, peppers, celery)

-apple

-oranges(2-3)

-guacomole to dip my veggies in

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

Luvegan – I’m still new to raw, and I still crave a lot of variety, so I’m trying new raw soup recipes all the time. The one I had this week consisted of 2 bell peppers, 2 cucumbers, 2 green onions, flax oil, water, lemon juice, salt, and a couple of different spices. I ended up filling up 4 pint mason jars with it! I try to fill the jars up to the very top to prevent anything from oxidizing, not that I’ve found that to be a problem with soups. I made it Sunday, and I ate the last jar today… and it tasted just as fab today as it did then! It just needed a good shake before consuming. Try out some of the recipes on here! You basically just throw a bunch of veggies in a blender with some water as a base, an oil or avocado to thicken it, spices and herbs to accentuate the flavor, and lemon juice to keep everything fresh.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I love this topic, this would be a GREAT CATEGORY for goneraw, especially for parents packing lunch for kids :) although, great for us big kids too ;)

• Thank-you Heyenglish…Blended soup sounds good and doesnt take much time to consume either…I must give it a try…

Rawmama you are right,’packing lunch newbies’would definitely want some ideas….

Thank u mmmorgans for sharing with us.

Requesting all people who pack/carry lunchboxes to work or university or mothers doing it for their children please let us know how(what goes in the lunchboxes) you do it….Surely would be helpful.