Jamba Juise -- Raw?

I’m new to raw. So, I’m not sure if Jamba Juice is considered raw.

Thanks, from those of you who are in the know.

Comments

• When I first went raw, I wondered the same thing… I found out that pretty much their only item that’s raw is the fresh squeezed orange juice… and it is not organic… I heard that the drinks claiming to be “all fruit” actually use some sort of concentrate… but, the girl who told me could have been incorrect. I’d recommend making your own smoothies, they come out better than Jamba anyhow!!!!

• Thanks. Any good/easy smoothie recipes?

• I don’t believe Jamba is raw either. Most of their juices, unless fresh squeezed, are from concentrate and their smoothie base contains Splenda…major turn off for me. I love making my own, as TropicalRawElla suggests. There is no limit to how you can combine yummy fruits and sometimes the best are the most simple. My current fave, being rich in fresh plums this season, is banana, fresh squeezed orange juice and a couple juicy plums. For a smoothie with more body I love to add fresh or frozen mango. Fresh almond milk is wonderful as a base as well. I’ve also enjoyed the wonderful smoothie recipes on this site – lots of ideas for combining fruits and veggies.

• Ifthompson912- If you go to the recipe page and put smoothie in the search box, you will find sooo many easy recipes.

A favorite of mine is 1 banana, 1 mango, 1 kiwi, 1 handful of spinach, 1-2 cups of water, flax oil and hemp seeds

• RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

Jamba Juice doesn’t use Splenda! Or at least the one that I used to work at doesn’t. All their juices are concentrated and all their fruit is not fresh, but blanched and frozen. The only thing that is raw is the fresh-squeezed orange juice, wheatgrass shots, and carrot juice. But, I never trust fast food places, who knows if some leftover frozen yogurt might dribble into your blender. I remember things like that happening…. Your best bet is to make your own fresh smoothies.