SUPERFOODISTS

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who consumes only superfoods? I hear that’s all David Wolfe eats… WHEN he eats… – the less you eat, the longer you live they say…

Any thoughts?

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

What?! What’s a superfoodist? I think it’s really healthy to eat so I’m sure you live longer when you eat well.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

I am not positive, but I think that David Wolfe gets most of his calories from smoothies and juicing.
    Montel Williams is another person who gets “75 percent of his daily caloric intake in the form of liquids and blended foods.” Heidi & Justin Ohlander featured a story on him in their website/blog: http://rawfoodrightnow.blogspot.com/2008/05/vit…

whoa that’s crazy! When I did a juice fast I thought I was going to die…...seriously. I only eat an average of maybe six hundred calories a day normally and that’s all my body needs. But for some reason when I was juicing it was like torture. I should try adding more smoothies in though. I’m sure I could benefit from that.

• KelleySKelleyS Raw Newbie

only 600 cal a day? wow. that’s like… nothing.

I don’t know why but I’ve always done that. I used to be somewhat overweight too but now I know that that was because of hormonal imbalances and malfunctioning digestive system.

I basically eat two or three pieces of fruit during the day and then a salad or something for dinner. I try to add in some seeds or nuts or an avocado to make it add up to more but I’m perfectly energetic (only since I’ve been raw) and enjoy working out. So I’m pretty sure it’s all I need. Although, I don’t know much:) I should say, I’m satisfied hungerwise and have good energy. So I think that means it’s enough. ha

• KelleySKelleyS Raw Newbie

well as long as you aren’t going hungry and feel good! i just personally can’t imagine eating that little. i’d say i probably eat like 1500-1800 kcal a day on average.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Smoothies can be quite high in calories – depending on what you add to it. If you see David Wolfe make a smoothie on YouTube – he adds just about everything! :)
    But seriously – just adding 1/2 avocado or some coconut ups the calories quite a bit. It’s a little harder to get high-cal juices though—unless you are using really sweet fruits.

that’s totally great! My Mom is always telling me I eat like a bird but I honestly feel very satisfied. Since I’ve been raw I naturally maintained that caloric intake without thinking. So I’m fairly sure that’s what works. I definitely don’t run as much as you and if I did I know I’d have to eat more.

• AziahAziah Raw Newbie

I can’t imagine it being healthy at all. People need to eat to maintain bodily functions…unless you are drinking 1500-1800kcals (or more) like KelleyS said or upping the cals on the smoothies like greenghost says then it isn’t healthy. Even people who do juicefasting eat a lot of calories in juice (just without the fiber).

As far as eating just superfoods…again, the body needs variety to function. Although superfoods are wonderful…eating JUST superfoods can’t be good for you. Kind of goes with the saying “too much of anything isn’t good for you”. JMO