soaked cashews

I soaked some cashews for overnight and they are soft, softer like soaked walnuts for ex. What is the right consistency for raw soaked cashews?

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I don’t think there’s any right answer, other than the longer you soak them the smoother they will be to blend, if that’s what you’re going to do with them. If they’re being used it’s you’re own taste since cashews don’t need to be soaked prior to eating, it’s more of a texture thing.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I didn’t know that cashews didn’t need soaking. Why is that?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

cashews can be soaked to remove enzyme inhibitors. soak 4 hours, then use right away or refrigerate and use within 4 to 7 days.

• There are no enzyme inhibitors in cashews. Plus, cashews are dead, unsproutable, and heated to get them out of the shell- unless you buy the REALLY expensive ones that are hand-shelled. Therefore, there is no need to soak them- unless you just want them softer to get them to blend easier. I wish they weren’t so delish and versatile!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

If cashews are not raw then why do so many 100% raw eaters use cashews? I stopped eating almonds because of the problem, now it seems like cashews are off the menu, too.At least we still have walnuts and pecans.