truffles

I’m working on my truffle recipe. I use a base of coconut butter, almond butter, maple syrup and cocoa. It’s delicious. But it won’t stay firm in room temperature. And I’d like to start sharing the truffles with friends. So, obviously, in the warm weather they start to get too soft outside of the refrigerator for more than maybe 20 minutes.

Has anyone had this problem and figured how to keep the truffles firmer in room temperature? More coconut oil maybe?

Thanks! Debbie it’s good to be back on this site!

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Coconut oil won’t hold at warm temperatures no matter how much you add. I would only recommend adding more “solid” ingredients like ground almonds. I often make something similar (although yours sounds infinitely better!) with leftover almond pulp from making almond milk. Although ground almonds will be more flavorful and have more sweet, fatty taste (more satisfying). Good luck and post your recipe!! :)

• Debbie5125Debbie5125 Raw Newbie

you know what’s fun? I’m a pastry chef (though it was about 10 years ago since I worked in the field). Now that my twins are starting pre-k in the fall, I’m starting a baking career, again…this time either raw or vegan chocolates. I love starting my new career, and the kids are sampling it all. :)

thanks for the advice. and I will share the recipe when it’s ready.

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi debbie…cocoa butter and coconut butter have a higher melting point than coconut oil ..since these sound like chocolate truffles ,you may like to add some cocoa butter ,as it seems to require the highest temp to melt:)