Juicing Beets

Ok, here’s a funky question. Has anyone had the color of their poo change from juicing beets? I got nervous the other day when I went to the bathroom and noticed a redish color in the bowl. I then realized wow, I juiced a beat this morning and that color looks aweful familiar. Then I read that Betacyanin in beetroot may cause red urine because a person might not break it down. Hmmm, was it the poo or the urine? Has this happened to anyone.

Now if I noticed this under different circumstances I would go to the doctor but I really do not think I have a medical problem. I’ll monitor for a week but just don’t think there’s anything to it.

Any insight?

Comments

• JDJD

HAHAHA, Never mind.

I just found additional information on the web saying that “Beets are known for causing both stools and urine to turn red and if this happens, don’t be surprised.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Yes….this happens. Beets are really good for you though. Blood building,that is what juices do. In fact, if you got in a car accident and lost a lot of blood, drink A LOT of carrot and beet juice, you will gain back the blood fast.

• JDJD

Thanks for the info. I have a juice book at home that lists conditions and remedies using fruit/vegetable juices and smoothies. I decided to juice beets for my skin and then read up on a whole bunch of other things it is used for on the internet: Anemia, circulatory problems, kidneys, lymphatic circulation, menopause, tiredness (maybe that’s why I’ve been staying up at night), bladder problems, liver, menstrual, weight loss, eye fatigue. I got the book as a gift over christmas and never got into it until now and I’m totally digging it.