Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Calories...

Does anyone track calories? I lost the first few weeks and now I am at a stall. Any thoughts…TIA

Comments

• haha i posted kinda about the same thing earlier today.. but no replies! :( I’m just starting to track calories now on nutridiary. the funny thing is is that I was losing while I wasn’t getting any excersize, and now that I’ve started again, the weight stopped coming off!! oh well, I’m not gonna worry about it too much, but good luck to you!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

if didn’t lose weight while exercising but did when off, you may have been losing muscle.

• good point bitt, well hopefully that’s the case! I guess I’ll just see how it goes, but like I said I’m not going to worry too much. I’m focused on getting more physically fit, not so much the numbers on the scale. Although it would definitely be nice to lose a little! ;)

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Any time I am telling someone about bananas and raw food… I think of that one guy that used to be on goneraw if he is not right now, that eats 30-40 organic ripe bananas A DAY.

TONS OF CALORIES.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I don’t track calories and never have. I just eat whatever I feel like as long as it is raw.

My weight is the same as when I was cooked, but I am 4 dress sizes smaller! I had to weight myself aduring a medical examination recently, I was really suprised. From the size of me I was expecting to be underweight and get concerned looks from the Doctor, I was really glad I am what is deeemed a “healthy weight.

I think this is because when you are raw you put down lean muscle which is heavier than fat. Someone told me that and I think it is the only answer to this mystery ;)

• ZanzibarrrZanzibarrr Raw Newbie

No, it comes from the spiritual weight you gain :), invisible, you notice only on the scale, you shed lots of emotional fat but gain even more lean spiritual molecules.

BTW, where do you get your noodles on the Web? ( the World Wiiide Web)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

www.funkyraw.com if you’re talking about sea spaghetti. It is gorgeous ;)

Cool about the Spiritual weight!

• Nice!! spiritual weight… i like it! ;) haha

• CaptureCapture Raw Newbie

I just started using the cron-o-meter! it’s pretty sweet to count your calories with!!

http://spaz.ca/cronometer/

Someone else on here posted it (sorry, I don’t remember their name) and it has been a big help already!!

counting the calories?? when raw? GOd! what on earth for?

• CaptureCapture Raw Newbie

I count because…well…I’m a little obsessive about my numbers and also to make sure I get enough to eat, like today I’ve only eaten 55% of what I should have (1200/2200) and I couldn’t imagine eating one more bite of food today (it will be bed time in like 2 hours). So by counting I can try to improve my numbers, so tomorrow I’ll know to eat more caloricly dense food like avacodas.

But trust me—if I didn’t gain weight just looking at food I probably wouldn’t be so obsessive…I was just not blessed with a functioning metabolism :(