Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

vegan men are 'real' men :o)

just quoting this from vegsource

“The study measured testosterone levels in 696 Oxford University men. Of the study participants, 233 were vegan (ate no animal products) and 237 were vegetarian (ate milk and dairy products). The remaining 237 subjects were men who ate meat on most days of the week…vegans had higher testosterone levels than vegetarians and meat eaters.”

British Journal of Cancer, 83(1), July 2000

:o)

Comments

• I knew there was something about you el-bo. ;)

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Wow….....whatever. I personally do not care much about my testosterone level…..

• living proof. ; )

• lol :o)

el-bo,

Are you left handed? I think so…..

• i don’t understand…but no, i’m right hnded…..por-que ?

• parece que esta tocando tu guitarra con tu mano izquierda

Sí pero no es por qué lo abandonan dado.

Oh… I see. Are we going to all talk in Spanish now???

No, it looked like you were left handed because you are holding the guitar the left handed way…. like that is a left handed guitar. Which made me think about statistics….. they say that right handers live 5-10 years longer than lefties…..interesting. I think that this also depends a lot of diet and such. But, wonder why.

• que es dado ?...

no…just the photo from my cam on the laptop making me look like a ‘leftie’

didn’t know about the life extension of the ‘righties’...interesting….but. you’re right…a healthyy ‘leftie’ should outlive a SAD ‘rightie’

hahaha

• I read somewhere that its theorized that left-handed people average a shorter lifespan because of the repetitive stress of living in a right handed world. Little things adding up over time, I guess. Perhaps they are also more accident prone when using, say, a right-handed pair of scissors? I don’t know if this idea holds any weight, but that’s what I’ve heard.

I have no Spanish to contribute, but ole!

• ole, right back at’ya :o)

rawperasinger,

I have no spanish to contribute either….. I used an online translator to find out what mamamilk said and translated what I said, to spanish…

I do not speak spanish ;)

• sprung :o)

i couldn’t understand what you said and neither could my columbian flatmate lol :o)

• DreaDrea Raw Master

To kinda get back to the topic, I truly think it takes a strong man to be raw vegan! In a man’s world with drinking, steaks, and “football time” hot wings, I think it shows an enormous amount of self control, character and guts to take a stand. It’s no wonder the testosterone levels are higher in raw vegan men, THEY HAVE BIGGER CAHOONA’S (smile)!

• ^^ haha, their cajones, you say? Hmm, anyone care to take the empirical approach?? ;)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Yana – There’s a thread on giveittomeraw called anybody wanna Mate with me

Maybe he’s interested in the empirical method. : )

• Would the testosterone have any impact on baldness? (I’m not bald, personally, just wondering…) :) Very interesting stuff…

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

I agree dreas. While people in general are all admirable for being raw because of the pressures to eat a certain way in society, the pressures to be unhealthy are even STRONGER for men. Beer, chicken wing eating, pizza all the time, being a “real man”, “Hungry Man” dinners – it is all marketed strongly to men. In our society it is not a big deal for men to be overweight – at least women are supposed to watch their weight so they can’t pig out without repercussion. We are just supposed to pig out. That’s why it seems there are way less raw men.

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

...and shakes, I have read online about the dietary factors with hair loss. Like everything else, diet seems to play a role. I’m starting to think that diet plays a rule in everything, by default, until proven otherwise – instead of the traditional “prove to me that diet plays a role” – it just seems a lot easier lol. And the stress thing (you lose your hair due to stress) is not a myth – as most “myths” have some truth behind them.

• DreaDrea Raw Master

I think diet plays a role in everything! You truly are what you eat.

thecavsman, glad you responded to this post. I do think it is harder on guys! Because for a guy it is always a question of whether your significant other made you do it. Standing ovation to any man who chooses the ladder in this beer chuggin, wing eatin, hot dog contest havin world!

I’ll say this, I have a few mentors who are older vegan’s (some raw) and the men are still having “relations” at 70 and 80 years old! So, the men out there can laugh and eat trash now, but later their woman is gonna be looking for the vegan men LOL!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I’m just happy to have the Real Man perspective on this site. There are few of you, but you’ve all done your research and I greatly respect your input here.

• I am a man and I am not afraid to say what I eat. I agree with others that there is more pressure on guys, for some idiotic reason a guy is supposed to show his virility at a table eating and drinking junk. I am now 42, feel like I am in my 20s….and this applies to all “departments” LOL.