No teflex sheets-alternative?

I purchased an Excalibur dehydrator – I’m so excited I can’t believe it. My problem? I didn’t get teflex sheets. Until I can, is there anything I can use as an alternative? I tried to make crackers on wax paper and it stuck so badly that I had to throw it away. Help please!!!!

Comments

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Parchment Paper.
    The unbleached kind is best. Most health-food stores sell a brand called “If You Care – Environment Friendly Products”.
    Hope you enjoy your Excalibur! :)

• Excellent – I need to go to my health-food store on Tuesday – I will pick some up. Thanks very much. Did I mention I’m excited? I am currently dehydrating little balls of Zoe’s Cheese and Spring Onions recipe (little balls of heaven).

• CaptureCapture Raw Newbie

I use parchment paper in my dehydrator too, but if you’re making a liquidy bread type recipe the paper can still sitick to it, I was pulling little pieces of paper off my onion bread all day to day! Good luck!

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

For some really sticky recipes (or ones you are not sure about) you can try brushing the parchment paper very lightly with some olive oil or coconut oil.
    But many recipes are not problem.
    I’ve made the Black Wraps using parchment paper and they did not stick at all.
    Parchment paper is made for taking a good amount of heat too. Years ago (when I baked) I made hundreds of holiday cookies using parchment paper and even the really sticky batters were not troublesome.

PS: that sounds like an interesting twist on Zoe’s Fabulous Cheese & Spring Onions – please let us know how it turns out! :)

• Thanks you guys. I am hoping Zoe’s dehydrated cheese and onions will be sort of like feta cubes in salad. The non-dehydrated stuff is absolutely wonderful. I have been missing cheese and this is helping lots. I will let you know. :) Peace, Karuna