Safe Natural Hair Dye for Grays

JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

I will admit here that I have to dye my hair every four weeks to cover a very nasty gray/white streak that would resemble something worse than Elvira. I worry that the black/dark hair dyes used to cover the grays/white streak are rather toxic.

Anyone know of some safe natural solutions that will cover grays? I spend about $130 to $150 for each visit and would really like to get this cost down as well. I’d be willing to safely and naturally cover up my grays at home.

Comments

• QTLaylaQTLayla Raw Newbie

Hi JoyceH

I have had some of my patients who say they use the NutraTint or NaturaTint (not sure of the exact name) product from Whole Foods Market with good coverage of gray… have had no personal experience with this though.

Good luck on that one and it will be interesting to hear what others have to say.

QT

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

I use Naturtint. I haven’t done research on it but I’ve heard it’s better than the other stuff. I get it at Vitaglo for about half the cost of my local HFS.

• Joyce, here’s a forum link you might find helpful www.goneraw.com/forums/7/topics/5326ul: Basically, there are “less toxic” hair dyes and henna. Apparently, Surya Henna does work on gray. Anyway, take a look.