Household Remedies

I’m looking to create some natural/safe/environmentally friendly household remedies in order to save money and eliminate chemicals in the house. Please help by listing your suggestions for the following.

Tooth powder: I was using just baking soda, but I find that it’s too abrasive for everyday use. Ingredients should include things that would help kill bacteria in the mouth, promote gum health, strengthen teeth etc. Should be safe enough for minimal ingestion if accidentally swallowed.

Hair cleansing: I’ve been using baking soda as a wash followed by a rinse with white vinegar to restore the pH balance (you’ll produce less oil if you don’t constantly strip them from your scalp).

Deodorant: Have been using just baking soda and whatever essential oil I have on hand, but it hasn’t been working that well.

Cleaning solution: I use vinegar and isopropyl alcohol for cleaning glass, because of its fast evaporation. Baking soda as an abrasive for toilet and sink (not working that well for the tub). Castile soap, vinegar, and lemon for veggie wash.

Feel free to list any other household remedies you may have. I hope this topic can be of benefit to all who read it!

Comments

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I use white vinegar in a spray bottle mixed with a little water and essentaIl oil to clean almost anything. I use denture cleaner to soak my food proccessor and blend tec. I use baking soda on teeth.. but if too abrasive you could try swishing with hydrogen peroxide every other day or so.