Pleeeease!!!Inspire me!!!

I’m back again on raw.again.Today I’ve decided to do it,fully and without cheating,since that day,I mean. I see that there’re some new people on this site and I’m hanging in here for something like one year…:)...On and off,still. I just wanted to ask---HOW much did you lose when switched to 100% raw? Maybe I’m asking this for the second time(I don’t remember:)...And I know that you’ll probably say that weight is not so important as health. Maybe you will be right,but for me my weight(If to be exact,my weight loss:)) is much more important. Today I didn’t even drink my favorite coffee,didn’t even smoke:)...

Comments

• Desenchantee- I’m not 100% raw, I would probably say 90%-95% raw for the most part. I went raw not so much for the weight benefit. I did lose about 20 lbs in 4-5 months. I went raw because I feel better when I maintain the raw diet. I do eat about 3-5 cooked meals a month, sometimes I don’t. Be patient with yourself, define what your goals are, and don’t be so hard on yourself if you cheat. Just may a vow to start again and then try your best to do better the next time around.I do have my days when I crave nothing but junk(pringles mostly), sometimes I have a few, but there have been times that I have eaten the whole can. I feel terrible afterwards(sickly, heavy). The next time the cravings come, I remember how I felt the last time I ate something that wasn’t raw. It’s a transition, take it slow, learn from it, and most importantly, do what works for you. Everyone is different. Listen to your body, it will lwt you know what it needs. Good Luck with your raw journey.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Be careful with weight loss expectations. There are those who claim you can eat as much as you desire as long as it is raw, but of course it really comes down to fact and common sense: if you eat more calories than your body and lifestyle need and can support, you can gain weight.

I have no idea if you really need to loose weight or how much, but I can say for myself, that I’ve lost between 3 and 8 pounds per month since October of last year. I tend to loose faster when I am eating less “sweet” fruits and more fatty fruits such as avocado.

I am about 98 percent raw, by the way. I refuse to give up my English tea and occasional coffee, wha wha wha!

Oh, and congrats on the lack of smoking! I don’t know if you are quiting, but I know it’s hard but sooo worth it. I quit 6 years ago.

• 3relefords,TomsMom,thank you very much,you’re so supportive!! I know how it feels eating raw and it’s great! I need to lose 30 or more pounds.I’m 5’5 and 145 lbs. And yeah,I quit smoking because it’s not a pleasure anymore,just a habit)

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

I am new to raw, almost a month now, and have lost 4 lbs. I am not really looking to lose weight, but noticed my hips and belly have shrunk a bit, more so than when I lost 4 lbs on SAD. I am 5’4” and currently weight 130.

• Well…A little bit goes a looong way!!)Chicory,I think you should expect a further weight loss:))

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

My opinion/experience is that if you focus on being healthy, your body will naturally adjust to its healthy weight. I lost 40 pounds when I needed to, and I gained 25 pounds back when I needed to after being really sick – both happened as I focused on health rather than weight. I wasn’t 100% raw either time; just mostly raw and eating what my body wanted.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I find this really fascinating…my body does best on 100% raw. If I eat anything that isn’t raw over a period of time I put on weight, cut it out and I can eat as much as I want and not get fat. The last thing I cut out was coffee and I went down about 2 dress sizes after I let go of that. When I was experiemnting with cacao which I know do not consider raw, I would have 1 tbsp a day and I put on weight. I couldn’t understand why I was gaining weight as normally I can eat anything as long as it s raw and not get any bigger. When I researched cacao and realised uh oh that is not a raw food, I quit it, and guess what? I went right back to how I was before.

I also have learned that when you are restricting your fat intake the body goes into starvation mode and holds on to any fat you do eat, making you bigger. When you do not restrict raw fat and calories the body relaxes and knows it is not being starved and fats can just pass right though or do whatever they do! I learned this from personal experience. A while back, I was freaked out by what Doug Graham was talking about with regard to fats and cut down on my fats, and I put on weight. When I stopped listening to what he was saying and went back to me old ways, the weight disapered.

Just see how you go. Trying out 100% raw is amazing it is just the best thing to give yourself. Check the Dead Food List to make sure you are giving your body the best ;))

• Thanks,ladies,you really helped me:) Zoe,I was amazed at your story:)I really do believe you,I think cooked food plays the same nasty tricks with me,that’s why I cannot slim down. Espesially I liked your comment about fats:)I’ll try to eat more fats and just see what’ll happen:))

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

4 months raw, about 25 pounds lost.

Green smoothies daily. I eat anything I want as long as it’s raw. I eat a LOT of greens and fruit. And a fair amount of fat too. Kombucha almost daily.

but desenchantee, raw will not necessarily make you underweight. your goal weight is very low. 10-15 pounds loss only would be healthier.

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

desenchantee I’m 5foot 4inches and about 117 pounds which personally is heaveir than I usually am, however I am slightly built, so alot depends on your frame size as well as height. See if you can get some body fat/muscle measuring scales. On mine you enter your sex, age, and height, it weighs you and sends tiny (can’t feel it) amounts of electricity through your body, and then gives you your Body Mass index, Fat%, muscle%, water% and basal metabolic rate (how many calories your bosy needs at rest to stay the same weight. I find these useful as I only want to lose fat, not muscle. They were made by HoMedics I think…

• I bought raw cocao but it is not raw????!!!!I also have carob powder but have not used it yet. I have stopped drinking beer, wine, caffeine, and occassional illegal drugs. I have never eaten this well. I would be bummed about the cocao. I am currently 175 lbs and 5 foot 6 inches down from a high of 185. I was 145 from the time my son was born 3 1/2 years ago until a year ago. But I was 120 before I got pregnant with my daughter 6 1/2 years ago. Weight loss is important but I could loss weight on any diet. Eating better is my main focus. But I wonder how my husband has dealt with me over the last year. I look in the mirror and cringe. How can he not?

• You must also remember that sometimes you’ll lose inches as opposed to actual pounds. It’s more important to be at a healthy body fat percentage than to be preocupied by what the scales say. Guage yourself by how you look and how your clothes are fitting…(ex personal fitness trainer talking here…think I’ll renew my license)

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I’ve currently lost almost thirty pounds so I’m now near my ideal weight (5”5’ and 128) so it’s awesome.

Another important note, alot of people’s health problems are because of weight so weight loss is a great benefit.