Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ways to make my bath more yummy

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’m taking baths again, because they relax me so much. I lay back with a book and feel wonderful. I’m usually a shower-person…

I used to LOOOVE bubble baths but stopped because it didn’t seem “Natural” or something.

But I really want to add something special to my bath times, something that I don’t have to worry about seeping into my body through my skin and making me toxic.

Any suggestions? Are oils okay to try?

Comments

• ZanzibarrrZanzibarrr Raw Newbie

oh yes, I came back to baths too surprisingly, I/m clearly a shower person as well, but they really clear the chakras, water is an awesome element. I have epsom salt baths with a bit of lavender essential oil, hmm… I also press sometimes an orange in it? lol

• iknikn

I take a bath almost evry night. I use epson salt too. It clears all your negative energy. Lavender is great for relaxing. I use Eucalyptus if I have a cold. Orange is great in the morning. I sometimes just pour a couple drops in the shower since I have no time to take a long bath.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

any teas or dehydrated citrus skins would be super-natural. lavender too, the real deal not the oil would work.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Do you have a Lush in your area? www.lush.com They have these incredible bath bombs. They are balls made out of baking soda, essential oil and other goodies. They smell divine. You plop them in your bath and they fizz away making the water really beautiful and sensual. Most of their items are vegan, and they are sooo wonderful. I recommend them.

• I use lavender oil in a sweet almond oil base which is lovely. i’m interested to find out what other oils are good to use in the bath too… Ikn- when you say Orange is great in the morning, do you mean orange essential oil??

• dodododo Raw Newbie

i like natural petals and peels ive gathered and dried myself, makes it feel even more special. a word of warning about the lush bath products tho, they are lovely and kind too , but if you are prone to thrush i would be carefull which ones you put in the bath as they can be very strong perfume wise and can irritate “down there”

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Hear, hear, Dodo! I will not buy the Lush bath bombs again for that same reason. They also left odd-coloured rings around the tub, which were a pain to scrub out. I bet that juiced orange rinds could be tossed in a hot bath and would smell awesome. The hot water would release the oils in the skin of the citrus. Any citrus peels would be great.

I do like the shampoo scrub called Big that Lush produces. The base is coarse sea salts. It gives an invigorating head and body scrub, without a lot of weird ingredients that I wouldn’t want to use on my scalp and skin. If you have a store near you, check it out, but if you’re sensitive to strong aromas, as I am, steer clear or wear noseplugs. I’ve gone in feeling great and left with a headache and a runny nose. I may just order online from now on.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

thanks for that 1sweetpea, there isnt one here but im often found browsing their online store wishing they didnt give me thrush and werent so expensive.

ill have a look at their shampoos then, its so hard to find a decent natural one.

something ive always done, when i want a quick refreshing smell i grab a lemon of the table, scratch the skin with my nails, then rub the scratched area on my skin, smells divine, makes you feel like a fresh and fragrant wild princess all day long :)

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

thanks, dodo. I am going to do that tomorrow.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

yay, youll be a godess :)

• cinnamon!!! mmm

• miss soufflemiss souffle Raw Newbie

Himalayan salt is GOoD and has a detoxifying effect and puts me to sleep so fast

• I take a bath twice a week...I use all kinds of oils...I just pour a liberal amount of either: VCO, EVO, Red Palm Oil (but it makes your tub orange), Sesame Oil, Sunflower, Almond...it makes your skin sooo soft upon getting out. Just be sure to pat your body dry. Use epsom salt, too to fight winter blues.

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Beware of lush! I will only use two or three of their products. They claim to be natural but ALL their shampoos contain sulfates, and soaps too..