Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Breakfast

Can anyone share with me what they normally eat? This seems to be my biggest struggle!

Comments

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

smoothies, sprouted oat grouts or cracked mixed grains then soak over night, pour off water, rinse, put on fruit. Raw cinnamon bread, raw muffins, granola, Some of the porridges and Cinnamon “Toasted” Pecan Buckwheaties” and Squash Scramble from Cousins book. Fruit pies,plate of fruit.

• I like eating fruit in the morning, fast and simple.. You can make “flan” with flaxseed and fruit (banana and cinnamon are very good).. Smoothies are also fast and fulfilling…

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I just eat a banana. or a peach. or a plum. Basically a piece of fruit. I’m looking into juicing for breakfast to see how that does for me

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi dnacol..fruit for me too!!! i read a book called ‘fit for life’ by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond a few years ago,they stress proper food combining, and describe an “energy ladder”. i have also seen it referred to as the ‘energy superhighway’. from a.m. till p.m. there is an order in which to eat for the best digestion and energy levels:

fresh fruit and juices…

fresh vegetable juices and salads…

steamed vegetables ,raw nuts and seeds…

grains,breads,potatoes,legumes…

(N/A now:)meat and dairy,if consuming,quote from the the book,)

they have a whole chapter called ‘the principal of correct fruit consumption’!

since it is usually the only time of day i eat fruit,all morning,until about an hour or so before lunch,i eat anything and everything FRUIT!

• I’m a big breakfast eater who needs something much more than fruit alone or I’m cranky and dizzy and hungry again right away. My solutions include:

Sprouted, dehydrated buckwheat groats with some sort of mylk, grated coconut, sprouted, dried nuts and dried or fresh fruits and cinnamon.

Chia pudding made with fruit puree.

A green smoothie, usually sweet instead of savory, including chia seeds.

Soaked walnut and coconut butter porridge with maca, cinnamon, apples, etc.

Soaked nuts and apples in the Blendtek w/ cardamom and vanilla and warm water.

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

mmmm, jenoz! I want to come to your place for breakfast :)

• Usually just a green smoothie and then some fruit an hour before lunch. Sometimes I have carrot juice in the morning as well.

Beany, your breakfasts sound delicious. What is in the squash scramble?

• I eat fruit or a salad. Sometimes a chocolate truffle (with nuts and fruit, maybe some agave, hemp).

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

This is from Gabriel Cousens 5-layer Breakfast Quiche. butternut squash, cauliflower, olive oil, garlic, Celtic salt, nutmeg . Process until mixture resembles a scramble texture. He uses a sesame cream, but I like warm cheese sauce over it. Need more? Wrap it up in a raw tortilla. Nice for a brunch.

• Green smoothies!!! (Collards, an ornage, ginger, garlic, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon…) Tastey, not too filling, totally satisfying, with maybe a guava for “dessert”

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Last night’s leftovers and a smoothie

• Big green smoothies… I drink about half before my 8AM class and come back and drink the rest around 10 or 11. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE green smoothies! Plus, I make them differently every day so there is constant variety, which is important to me.

• iknikn

water melon! or if its not in season, just one or two piece of fruit.

• Generally fresh fruit, soaked oat groats, and nuts with cinnamon. Or some variation of that!