Detox Advice...

I’ve convinced my mother to Finally experiment with raw food to help her weight loss, artritis, and horrid cravings. However, she has a standard american diet and hardly ever touches anything such as greens (especially the really nutrient dense ones.) I was wondering if anyone could suggest some tips to make raw meals super appealing to her. (I’m horrible at food preparation, but I’m determined.) I already know things such as mix dark greens with lemon juice in smoothies and such. Anything will be appreciated.

And I’ve also agreed to help her in other ways like massage, accupressure, etc. She seems really interested in my “philosophy” as well as aura healing, yoga, and balancing her chakras. But unfortunately, she’s an “I want it here and now with immediate results” kind of person.

I told her about some things to be aware of through detoxification (i.e. headaches, cravings.) So anything else I might be able to help her on would be great. I really want her to be successful with this and not give up!

Simple recipes would be great too, such as smoothies, sauces, and more. She refuses to eat raw pastas, and she’s really picky about her soups. I have a great food proccessor, dehydrator, blender, and a standard juicer, if that helps.

Thank you in advance for reading, and thaks 100x more for answering. It’ll really help!

Comments

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

Many people fail on the raw lifestyle because they try to make raw versions of their SAD favorites. Far too time consuming if you ask me. And often these dishes are high in fat and use incompatible ingredients as far as food combining is concerned.

I would suggest she focus on eating all the fresh, preferably organic fruit that she wants until dinner time. Teach her to make smoothies with just fruit and water/ice. Teach her about mono fruit meals. Never mind with eating per a schedule, i.e. breakfast & lunch. Just have her eat fruit whenever she feels hungry. Eat as many bananas, mangoes, peaches, pineapple, dates, figs, oranges, etc as she likes. Then for dinner, she can have some steamed veggies and perhaps some alkaline cooked grain like quinoa or millet. If she craves something before bedtime, then she can have some more fruit which is easy to digest.

This is quite a drastic change from a SAD diet and your mother will have to have strong will power to not cave in to her cravings. But she will be rewarded with much better health, energy, and mental clarity if she can stick with it. Plus she will look years younger as well.

Good luck!