Fibroids! Help?

DreaDrea Raw Master

Recently I went to the doctor to find out that I have a fibroid.

Im wondering if the raw lifestyle is the cure all for this or is there a natural alternative I can use. Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Look into Vitex tincture(chasteberry). Fibroids are sometimes due to excessive estrogen, so concentrate on eliminating estrogenic foods and exposure to plastic (which is a xenoestrogen and mimics estrogen). Eat ground flax to help flush out estrogen.

• DreaDrea Raw Master

What is vitex tinture, is this a pill or herbal supplement? Where can I get this and what does it do? How can I found out what estogenic foods are? And when you say exposure to plastics, what do you mean?

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

A tincture is an alcohol-based extract. Very easy and much cheaper to make yourself with good-quality materials.

Chasteberry acts on the pituitary gland, and suppresses prolactin. To be honest, I never made chasteberry tincture, so I don’t know how effective it is as far as uterine fibroids are concerned. All I can say is don’t eat a lot of sugar or booze with it:-D

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

When I read up on fasting some months ago, I read several articles / studies that had to do with fasting and the reduction of fibroids. When you fast, the body digest superfluous tissue first, which is what a fibroid is. You may want to research the topic and consider it as an option.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

http://www.healthy.net/scr/Article.asp?Id=936 Here’s some info on Vitex. Estrogenic foods/herbs:Avoid Coffee, Beer, Sunflower Seeds, Red Clover Tea, Camomille Tea. Avoid Sunflower seeds, Pomegranate, Licorice, Red Clover, Yucca, Hops (Beer) and Motherwort, Bloodroot, Ocotillo, Mandrake, Oregano, Damiana, Pennyroyal, Verbenna, Nutmeg, Tumeric, Yucca, Thyme, Calamus rt., Red Clover, Goldenseal, Licorice, Mistletoe, Cumin, Fennel, Camomille, Cloves, Queen Anne’s lace (wild carrot), Fennel, Alfalfa Sprouts - especially commercially raised MEAT. Here’s the whole link – it’s long and a bit overwhelming, but a great read: http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/chemfoodhe… It also has great info and background on xenoestrogens.

• I used to have quite a few small fibroids and my naturopath advised me to do an elimination diet and to use castor oil packs. I have had two ultrasounds since doing this and the technician could not find any fibroids on either scan.

I did both treatments at around the same time, so I'm not sure which one helped the most. I did find that certain foods (for me it was mostly vegetables from the nightshade family) made my periods more uncomfortable. I can now still eat those foods but I have moderate amounts and try to only have them once every 5 days or so.

I used castor oil packs for about 3 weeks. You're supposed to use it daily but I missed several days during those three weeks.

***Castor oil packs are not recommended for women who are pregnant or trying to conceive***